Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1776 Reales Set

RedSealsRedSeals Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 25, 2022 8:41AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I know I'm not the first to do this, or have the highest graded set - but I just finalized this recently with the last piece being the elusive 4 Reales.

Coming from collecting mainly US Type, this was also one of my first forays into the darkside so it had a nice crossover with world coins used in early America, and the magic date.

I've shared most of these before , but here they are as a group, thanks for taking a look:

Successful BST Transactions with: PerryHall, MrSlider, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Blu62vette, robkool, gowithmygut, coinlieutenant, Downtown1974, MilesWaits, Shrub68, justindan

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2022 8:52AM

Awesome set - congrats! That 4R is a tough coin.

What's going on here on the half Real? Looks like a period was misplaced and over-struck by the R. Neat variety.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on a well matched set!

• Options

@TwoKopeiki said:
    Awesome set - congrats! That 4R is a tough coin.

What's going on here on the half Real? Looks like a period was misplaced and over-struck by the R. Neat variety.

You know what? I noticed that and thought it was strange but not having looked at many half real before, I didn't think much of it, makes it even more interesting, thanks!

Successful BST Transactions with: PerryHall, MrSlider, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Blu62vette, robkool, gowithmygut, coinlieutenant, Downtown1974, MilesWaits, Shrub68, justindan

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking set! Love the idea and execution.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice set!

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2022 4:26PM

I love it. Great set!
    Where do you see yourself venturing next on the Darkside?

• Options

@JohnnyCache said:
    I love it. Great set!

Thank you. Next is most likely a 1776 8 Escudos. Then some more world used in early America. Would like a few nice British as well.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2022 12:09PM

@RedSeals said:

@JohnnyCache said:
    I love it. Great set!

Thank you. Next is most likely a 1776 8 Escudos. Then some more world used in early America. Would like a few nice British as well.

Why not do a clean sweep and include the 1,2,+ 4 Escudos as well? :#
    Nice set BTW!