Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

[GTG—REVEALED!] NewP Trade Dollar Type Coin Upgrade—Guess the Grade *REVEALED*

P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 24, 2022 3:49PM in U.S. Coin Forum

[grade revealed in comment to thread]

Always nice to get a coin in Saturday's mail. The one will be my new type example for the series. Feel free to offer any thoughts about the coin, and take a swing at guessing the grade. I'll reveal it in ~24 hours. No TrueView for this one, but I provided two sets of photos.

**Seller Photos**

**P0CKETCHANGE iPhone Photos**

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

Comments

• Options
    scotty4449scotty4449 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, I like it! I would say 55?

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great details but some marks. Hard to tell the severity with the pics.

• Options
    dunkleosteus430dunkleosteus430 Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

Nice coin. I'd say 55-50, probably 53. The iPhone photos are certainly more appealing than the seller's!

Young Numismatist

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm at a strong AU53.

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2022 4:59PM

Bumped to 58 for the luster and original skin, very nice. So many in this grade range have that cleanly look to them.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

58+

Mr_Spud

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too much wear for it to go MS but I think a very strong AU55, 58 wouldn't surprise me either. Nice :)

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

55 Really nice example

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with Mr_Spud on this one AU58+

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going with AU55. Nice tarnish on her!

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll go 62 on it.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough photos to judge from.
    I will guess 62

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice thick skin on that one. Looks like a 58 to me.

Trade $'s
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess would be AU55.... Nice old Trade Dollar. I do like these. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll go 55. That looks like a nice coin....too many have been cleaned to death.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU55. A nice example.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll guess 58. perfect example for type

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice example although I am having a hard time interpreting the line under the wing going though the A in GRAINS. Might squeak though to 58 or be a very nice 55

• Options

@Crypto said:
    Nice example although I am having a hard time interpreting the line under the wing going though the A in GRAINS.

Checked it out with a loupe and it's a slab scratch, not on the coin. You can see it isn't present on the seller's photos, either.

• Options
    DDRDDR Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll guess 55.

• Options
    DDRDDR Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks nice, it just needs a chop mark.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see that, and CAC’d to boot.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

Had her reholdered for a TrueView. Back to CAC soon.

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd buy that coin all day long based on your photos....I 'm not sure the true vue is doing you any favors.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2023 6:04AM

@CommemDude said:
    I'd buy that coin all day long based on your photos....I 'm not sure the true vue is doing you any favors.

I agree, the TrueView doesn’t fully capture the in-hand look and appears a bit washed out. Oh well.

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice example and my favorite series.

Trade $'s

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file