Home Sports Talk
Options

Ever see an inside the park Grand Slam ?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

The woeful Red Sox lost to Toronto last night by a stunning score of 28-5. The cherry on top was the following video...

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL I’m glad they piled it on those clowns last night.

They are an embarrassment

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did it once in little league when I was 12. Does that count? lol

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I found amusing was watching the Royals game when they give
    the other scores at the bottom of the screen it said..........

Toronto 28 Boston 5
    28 runs and 29 hits for Toronto both season highs.

Its like really, we couldn't have guessed those were season highs?
    Man I'm glad they pointed that out, I would have been like......
    Wow the Blue Jays scored 28 runs, I wonder if that just so happens to be a season high?
    I think I remember them scoring 35 runs earlier in the year but I could be mistaken
    so its really nice they pointed out that 28 is a season high.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2022 8:23AM

No.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2022 8:23PM

Have you ever seen an inside the park ground ball home run? I did in TV from Fenway Park.

It was years ago when, I think, Mike Greenwell, hit a ground ball inside the first base bag that rolled down the right field line and under the pads between the stands and the field at Fenway Park. By the time the right fielder had dug the ball out and flipped it to the infield, Greenwell had circled the bases. As I remember it, it was a three run “shot.”

The Red Sox are pathetic this season. The worst team big money can buy.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

.....and that's why professional ball players should "always" RUN and not stand there and WATCH the ball!!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )