Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Advice Sought...

What Julio Rodriguez cards would you stockpile?

Do not want to debate if you believe he is the next anything... just want to know which cards to buy... can't afford the crazy 1/1 stuff out there.

Comments

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't consider myself a modern expert, but basically I'd stick with "firsts", auto's, and serial #'d. So 2019 bowman gets the first bowman card designation on it, and 2022 topps series 2 has a short print rc. I imagine his base rc will be in 2022 topps update. So, you can buy those in October when they are released for retail prices, and at least get some base rookie cards of his, while you chase an auto/serial # card. I've found it to be more financially beneficial to just buy the cards you want when they are released, but it's more fun chasing a little like when we were kids, so I buy some retail boxes as well.

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

@76collector said:
    I don't consider myself a modern expert, but basically I'd stick with "firsts", auto's, and serial #'d. So 2019 bowman gets the first bowman card designation on it, and 2022 topps series 2 has a short print rc. I imagine his base rc will be in 2022 topps update. So, you can buy those in October when they are released for retail prices, and at least get some base rookie cards of his, while you chase an auto/serial # card. I've found it to be more financially beneficial to just buy the cards you want when they are released, but it's more fun chasing a little like when we were kids, so I buy some retail boxes as well.

Jeff

Thank you!
    While I would love to Crack a case I would not even know where to get then. I have not bought cards since 1995 but this group of kids has me interested in acquiring some.

Appreciate the response.