Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1962 Topps #200 Mantle with upside down back

Well, the thread title gives you a description of the card. What I need to know is how common of an error this is, and whether or not it affects the card's value.
I've looked though a lot of 62's, and this is the only card I have ever seen with this error.
I wrote to Beckett regarding this, and their reply was that it was very common, and wouldn't even be mentioned if I sent the card to them for grading. I just have a hard time believing this. I mean, I googled, and nothing about this error popped up, so I figured if anyone might now, it would be here. Thanks for replying,
Wes

Comments

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pictures would help.

• Options

Well, I actually don't think they would. The card is normal as far as what's printed on it, it's just that it was turned upside-down when the second side was printed. I guess I could try to post a vid showing the card side-by-side with a normal Mantle, face-up, and show how their backs become the opposite of one another when I turn them both over. The difference isn't what's on the card, but rather how it's oriented.

• Options

Here are a couple of pics. Unfortunately my computer camera doesn't seem to focus very well.
    The seems to have water damage, and perhaps because of this the back has a green tint to it.
    Has anyone heard of fakes having this error? This card was in a lot that I bought on eBay last year.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Use your phone camera to take a picture of the card in front of a mirror. That way we can see both sides at the same time.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wes,

It’s possible the card is no good. Corners that round with no other wear is hard to have happen naturally. Might be a reprint.

Hope not; good luck.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

That card is normal. Mine is the exact same way.
    Unless you are saying the back is 180 degrees from normal.
    All the cards on the sheet would be the same as well.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2022 6:41PM

card looks like a reprint
    99.9% sure