Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does this have five steps?

Matthewdm11Matthewdm11 Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited July 19, 2022 1:59PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have been looking for a five or six step 1945s Jefferson Nickel for a while. I got this one out of a mint set. I can see it doesn’t have 6 steps, but hoping it has five. Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you edit your post to steps which is the accepted term you will get a better response. Hard to tell from the pictures but looks like it is.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see any major hits from where I sit. A few more pictures with different light angles/reflections would be helpful.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say yes.

When in doubt, don't.
  • Options

@OAKSTAR said:
    I don't see any major hits from where I sit. A few more pictures with different light angles/reflections would be helpful.

Here are a few more pics

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    If you edit your post to steps which is the accepted term you will get a better response. Hard to tell from the pictures but looks like it is.

Done!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

What date is it? Looks like 5 full steps as others have stated.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    What date is it? Looks like 5 full steps as others have stated.

1945-S

I have been looking for a illustration like this, thank you!

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Late to the party. Looks good for a five-stepper.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm at 5 steps. Looks like issues down here.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2022 3:47PM

Looks like four FULL steps, five and six are broken. The fourth step is somewhat questionable. Looks like a decent strike regardless.
    45 S is a tough one for 5 or more steps, and is quite valuable in true full steps MS65FS for better
    I have seen much worse designated as FS coins and this one seems close enough by PCGS standards.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears to be five steps.... gets dicey on the fifth, but I think it would qualify. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    It appears to be five steps.... gets dicey on the fifth, but I think it would qualify. Cheers, RickO

Should I go with NGC or PCGS for best chances?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Matthewdm11... The choice is yours. We are only evaluating from pictures. If you need further advice, take the coin to someone qualified to evaluate it in hand. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

CONGRATS

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

Very Educational thread.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, I'm glad you submitted it and got what you were looking for. Congrats!

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a gorgeous chunk of silver, copper and manganese you have. The PCGS Price Guide value for a 1945-S MS67 coin with Full Steps is $2,600. Congratulations.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options

@JeffersonFrog said:
    That's a gorgeous chunk of silver, copper and manganese you have. The PCGS Price Guide value for a 1945-S MS67 coin with Full Steps is $2,600. Congratulations.

Thank you! I am super jazzed. I am definitely keeping it. It is going to be my show stopper.

• Options
    2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup!

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

very nice indeed

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like it has 7 steps to me 🤔 seriously

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji