Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Trouble Logging in to PSA Site

Is anyone else having issues logging in to PSA? When I tried to log in today from the PSA site I was directed to a new sign in page that was PSA/Goldin/Collectors/PCGS log in. I logged in with my credentials and it took me to a blank page with an address and phone number from a residence I lived in 11 years ago. It didn't show any of my registry sets or cards I've loaded. I checked the registry set and my sets are still in the registry but I can't access them. It also didn't show any of the orders I currently have at PSA. I assume the issue is from the new joint acount.

Comments

• dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2022 7:28AM

I am able to log in, but none of my orders have statuses as of this morning.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

I am able to access orders and log in fine currently. Perhaps, the OP was redirected from an ad.

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

The site was down last night. It's back up now but I also do not see order status showing. I had one that was in QA1 but the status is not there now.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys. The site went through some maintenance last night. IT is working on the residual issues now. Things should be back to normal shortly.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Thanks for the update Todd. I was worried my orders went back to the order entry stage. LOL

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Nope. I'm right there with you. Checked my orders this morning and saw no status.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing status either, but I did have one order get out of Q2 and grades were released (about what you'd expect these days from vintage).

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:
    I'm not seeing status either, but I did have one order get out of Q2 and grades were released (about what you'd expect these days from vintage).

So you were unhappy?

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to redo my password and then things worked better. Not sure if they had anything to do with the issues.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

@bobbyw8469 said:

@BBBrkrr said:

So you were unhappy?

It is the new normal, so I've resigned myself to the fact that getting vintage graded these days are automatically a grade or two lower than what they were before. It is what it is at this point.

I've also changed my buying habits. I'm not really buying boxes or raw to grade. PSA will get less/none of my money going forward because of that, and I'm focusing on graded cards. They've sent a message about their new policy and I'm taking them at their word.

Even cards I've taken out of other companies' slabs and sent in are getting lower grades. A few years ago that (mostly) didn't happen, because I was careful about what I bought/sent. Now their coming back consistently a full grade lower.

• dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

Looks like they're back!

• HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 299 ✭✭

Not for me, it doesn't show any of my sets, cards or my orders. Below is the log in site that I'm directed to, I've tried on several web browsers and still get the same results. Everything worked fine last evening.

@BBBrkrr said:

@bobbyw8469 said:

@BBBrkrr said:
    They've sent a message about their new policy and I'm taking them at their word.

What message are you referring to?

@gemint said:

@BBBrkrr said:

@bobbyw8469 said:

@BBBrkrr said:
    They've sent a message about their new policy and I'm taking them at their word.

It's an implied message they're grading vintage differently than in the past. Just read through some of the posts on here to get a sense of what everyone is seeing now as opposed to a few years ago. Their actions communicate their new grading.

• jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't work on my PC only my phone. Continues to say NETWORK ERROR every time I try and use a PC to log in

And based on the link- it's not gonna let me use my PC
    https://app.collectors.com/signin?b=PSA&r=https://www.psacard.com/

See the start of that? APP = as in phone/tablet ONLY
    Great- I use my Gaming PC to log in as I have for 25 years now

I did go thru the phone process to update my phone so it will work- but what good is that?
    I cant enter Nationals orders because when I log in- this is what it says no matter what my PC does

I can log in to the forums- go figure. I want the BUSINESS part of website thanks

Now as of 7:09 pm PST not even phones work- CLOUDFARE errors

:disappointed::disappointed::angry::angry::disappointed::disappointed:

@AFLfan said:
    Hey guys. The site went through some maintenance last night. IT is working on the residual issues now. Things should be back to normal shortly.

12 hours later- it's not back. Just an FYI Todd

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:

@gemint said:

@BBBrkrr said:

@bobbyw8469 said:

@BBBrkrr said:

It's an implied message they're grading vintage differently than in the past. Just read through some of the posts on here to get a sense of what everyone is seeing now as opposed to a few years ago. Their actions communicate their new grading.

I think you're spot on with the message that is being sent. I'm wondering if they have computerized scanning or something as part of the grading process and because they're on the exact playing field as modern cards.....vintage gets hammered. A gem mint card from 2022 out of the pack with a small nick on a corner would be a 8. That modern card will look condition wise way better than anything vintage would look as what we normally call an 8. Technology can not give vintage a break so to speak. My guess is half the cards are being graded or partially through the process with some form of technology.???? Also, we've seen numerous cards with damage in exactly the same area in the same sub, How is that possible unless they are using something to clamp or something to hold the cards in place while they go through some machine/scanner/something etc... I believe many people called for the use of more technology in the process and I believe it's here. On a side note-if anyone complains about PSA they can send cards to SGC and really get punished. They will undergrade vintage stars badly. I just saw a sub and it was atrocious. They were 1956 stars. 1-2 grades under on every card. I saw the cards raw and when they were graded. The submitter and myself almost fell over.

@BBBrkrr said:

@gemint said:

@BBBrkrr said:

@bobbyw8469 said:

@BBBrkrr said:

Got it. I thought you were referring to something official.

• shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2022 6:07AM

@Mickey71 “On a side note-if anyone complains about PSA they can send cards to SGC and really get punished. They will undergrade vintage stars badly. I just saw a sub and it was atrocious. They were 1956 stars. 1-2 grades under on every card. I saw the cards raw and when they were graded. The submitter and myself almost fell over.”

I have had recent submissions from PSA with similar results. I have been submitting for a while and have much to compare to. I really just think they have so many new graders that aren’t good graders. I think I would be more okay with the results if we had some kind of input on the grader. Right now we pay thousands of dollars for grades and just have to take bad grades off the chin. How is that grader ever going to know that his/her grades are too strict without some input. Definitely can’t afford to just keep throwing money into grading to be disappointed with the grades. Just to clarify, I’ve had 10 submissions that were sent before the shutdown. I have 2 value vintage, one in grading and one in assembly. Of the 8 they have completed, 5 were under (2 severely) graded based on comparisons to my previous subs from earlier years. I have had one that exceeded expectations and 2 that I felt were in line with previous years. I’m not sure if that is the same results that everyone else is getting. Just my observation.

@shawther said:
    @Mickey71 “On a side note-if anyone complains about PSA they can send cards to SGC and really get punished. They will undergrade vintage stars badly. I just saw a sub and it was atrocious. They were 1956 stars. 1-2 grades under on every card. I saw the cards raw and when they were graded. The submitter and myself almost fell over.”

I have had recent submissions from PSA with similar results. I have been submitting for a while and have much to compare to. I really just think they have so many new graders that aren’t good graders. I think I would be more okay with the results if we had some kind of input on the grader. Right now we pay thousands of dollars for grades and just have to take bad grades off the chin. How is that grader ever going to know that his/her grades are too strict without some input. Definitely can’t afford to just keep throwing money into grading to be disappointed with the grades. Just to clarify, I’ve had 10 submissions that were sent before the shutdown. I have 2 value vintage, one in grading and one in assembly. Of the 8 they have completed, 5 were under (2 severely) graded based on comparisons to my previous subs from earlier years. I have had one that exceeded expectations and 2 that I felt were in line with previous years. I’m not sure if that is the same results that everyone else is getting. Just my observation.

You may be on to something about their process and why damage keeps happening in the same locations.

I'm also with you on paying for grading. I only do vintage, but I'm done chasing in boxes and raw cards. I have a ton of stuff that stacked up over the past year to grade, but now I"m just going to wait for more specials like this month's (I'm sending in 2 pretty big orders). Once all these are cleared I'm only buying graded cards going forward. Until grading prices get way lower it's just not worth it based on the grades I've been getting. I'm losing money on every raw purchase. There's not enough value in getting 6-8s back.

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

@shawther said:

So what's worse....some form of technology that can't properly grade vintage or just bad graders? I'm just not sure how this goes moving forward for vintage cards. Every single star card or major HOF card in the 1950's gets hammered.

• HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 299 ✭✭

Disapointing to see that my post trying to figure out why I and maybe others can no longer see orders and registry sets, which I still can't, has been hijacked to bash on PSA graders

@Huggyface said:
    Disapointing to see that my post trying to figure out why I and maybe others can no longer see orders and registry sets, which I still can't, has been hijacked to bash on PSA graders

Are you still having problems? I saw a brief issue when my Chrome closed down uncommanded. I just had to log back in and then everything was fine. Order status was gone for awhile but that's back up just like Todd promised.

• maysmantlemaysmantle Posts: 363 mod
    edited July 21, 2022 7:50AM

Hi folks. My name is Ryan Hoge, I've been a member on the forums for about 10 years and I also co-lead our product & tech teams at Collectors.

We released an update last night to some of our systems, including upgrading our account system to a new platform called Collectors ID that is more secure and enables experiences like automatic sign on as you move from site to site for companies under Collectors Holdings (Goldin, PSA, PCGS, Collectors.com). This should work great of desktop PCs/Macs as well as mobile devices.

We know several folks ran into issues this morning when logging into the site after the update. We believe we've fixed most of these issues. We have heard reports from some people that have an ad blocker installed on their browser that is interfering with the sign on flow. The team is still running that one down.

There is also an issue an issue with the PSA Store (where you can purchase a collectors club membership). A fix for that should be live tomorrow at 7:30 am PT.

Please let me know if you folks are still having issues. I also hope you've had a chance to check out the new services and tools around the Collectors Vault and My Collection. And I'm sure I'd get a question on this, we do plan to integrate the Set Registry inventory management with the new My Collection platform in the future. I'm a big fan and user of the registry and are excited to start modernizing the tech that powers it.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

@ryanseven said:
    Hi folks. My name is Ryan Hoge, I've been a member on the forums for about 10 years and I also lead our product & tech teams at Collectors.

We know several folks ran into issues this morning when logging into the site after the update. We believe we've fixed most of these issues. We have heard reports from some people that have an ad blocker installed on their browser that is interfering with the sign on flow. The team is still running that one down.

Thanks Ryan ( and Eric as well). I was one of the people affected. I had to disable both Adblock Plus and Ghostery extensions on the pages involved using Mozilla Firefox latest software browser-- but they did work properly today. I appreciate the hard work and also the assistance ( and I hope Nat forgives me for bugging him late night). Hopefully the new fixes allow the site to function more efficiently in the future, and your teams quick responses were highly appreciated

Jeff

• Hi Ryan, I went to login to the PSA website this morning and it prompted me to update my password for the new Collectors single sign-in. I did that and when I then logged in, my old PSA account/customer number from 2003 showed up rather than my current account. So I can't access any of my submission information and I also can't create a new submission for the July special because it says my account expired in 2003. Is there a quick fix for this? I only have until tomorrow to submit under the July special.

• Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

PSA on my mobile prompts me to login every time now, quite annoying as for years it just saved my credentials and opened fine directly into my account.