Home Sports Talk
Options

Experience does matter

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think everyone thought the younger boxer was going to take the 72 year old out rather quickly, it didn't work out that way.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha

• Options

Yes, this was a beautiful video to watch, absolutely fascinating. The way the old man cuts the ring off and unleashes fury on man bun was very satisfying indeed.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2022 12:58PM

There is an old saying........"Never Get Into a Fight With a Fat Man Or An Old Man."......KATIE BAR THE DOOR!!!!

• Options

This thread has me in a fighting mood, it's been a while since I've felt the satisfaction of teaching some young punk a lesson!

• Options

That's right, bring it on!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, this was a beautiful video to watch, absolutely fascinating. The way the old man cuts the ring off and unleashes fury on man bun was very satisfying indeed.

That quick short left did man bun in!

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

That quick short left did man bun in!

I've watched this video at least 20 times today, it's just awesome, I've been smiling all day!

• Options

And I just received great news, we're having sweet corn on the cob for dinner tomorrow, this has been a perfect day!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon can you write up a move by move breakdown of this fight? It's pretty short so it shouldn't be too much. That way we can really understand how the older boxer won.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon can you write up a move by move breakdown of this fight? It's pretty short so it shouldn't be too much. That way we can really understand how the older boxer won.

You'll have to forgive me because I just woke up and I haven't had my morning java bean, but here is a detailed explanation of the masterpiece the old man painted before our very eyes. This Old Man slips his head adroitly left and right, while using his footwork to cut off the ring, left and right. What may appear to an uninitiated eye to be casual moving around the ring was actually beautiful defense and distance management. At this point, Man Bun should have immediately exited the ring.

Then This Old Man slips a jab almost before Man Bun thinks about throwing it. Then he throws two hard looping punches to the head, a right and a left. Man Bun tries to punch back, comically almost firing from his hips. Unfortunately, due to the high looping right and left, Man Bun is now thinking about his head, leaving his body open to a looping right. And that in turn brings all his attention low, leaving his face open. The Old Man throws a left to Man Bun's head that drops him. He scrambles up, but his mind is in outer space and his emotions have utterly taken control; he makes a hopeless mistake - dropping his defense completely and turning around and going into survival mode. The old man lands three or four more punches and man bun is finished, and realizes he underestimated the old man. It should also be noted that if man bun would have taken the time to learn who his opponent actually was, he would have discovered that the old man was in fact named Ernesto Bergamasco, a former Olympic, amateur, and professional boxer. This whole thing supposedly started because man bun was trash talking the old man about how old fighters couldn't hang with modern fighters because modern training methods are better today, the old man proved him wrong.

• Options

This is Ernesto Bergamasco in his day, he was a journeyman, but obviously he learned his trade very well and never forgot how to use his knowledge and skills in the ring.

• Options

And the old man has surprising punching power for his age, he can crack!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Footwork is EVERYTHING in boxing.

The old man knows it and the kid doesn’t.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Great work @doubledragon !!

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

Thank you, by the way, there is a good fight coming in September, Canelo vs GGG III, both of these guys are all time greats and it's personal because Canelo despises GGG!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Thank you, by the way, there is a good fight coming in September, Canelo vs GGG III, both of these guys are all time greats and it's personal because Canelo despises GGG!

Try to post a reminder before. I'll try to stream it.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Try to post a reminder before. I'll try to stream it.

Will do! 🖒