Home Precious Metals
Options

̶$̶2̶0̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶$̶4̶0̶ ̶$̶5̶0̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶ ̶$̶2̶5 $30 Gutter Metal?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:
    Whatever you say then how bout the price of gutter is down $30 in the last 13 years?

PS: I'm still buying gold. RGDS!

Me, too.... but you could do another strike thru to $18 if you're that bearish. Reality is more like $25.

What did you say about $25?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2023 2:02PM

@jmski52 said:
    Silver is nowhere near the top of its range.

@blitzdude said:
    Gutters back at $25. Looks like it's been there about 15 different times since mid 2020. Groundhog day all over again. RGDS! :neutral:

The smart groundhogs are taking some profits and will buy back at the next good dip. That's how you turn gutter metal into money metal. That's how it's done grasshopper.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Gutters back at $25. Looks like it's been there about 15 different times since mid 2020. Groundhog day all over again. RGDS! :neutral:

Yes. And despite the cost of silver , the returns are better with copper wheat cents, if you must know. you can double your money.
    Aluminum cans be free money. Well, a guy has to pick them up. And that’s like work. Never mind that. I don’t want to suggest laboring for money. Oh yeah….it is what we mere peasants do.

On a side note: God rest ye Charlie Munger. Condolences to his friends and family (Warren Buffett & co.)

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:
    Whatever you say then how bout the price of gutter is down $30 in the last 13 years?

Me, too.... but you could do another strike thru to $18 if you're that bearish. Reality is more like $25.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

Will you keep calling it gutter when it is over $30 next year?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@blitzdude said:

It's 1/81th the price of the Au for cripes sakes. It could go to $100 but one things for certain, it always ends up right back in the gutter. This time will be no different. One would be better off investing in boat anchors. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@Goldminers said:

@blitzdude said:

It's 1/81th the price of the Au for cripes sakes. It could go to $100 but one things for certain, it always ends up right back in the gutter. This time will be no different. One would be better off investing in boat anchors. RGDS!

investing in something at $25 and then watching it go to $100 sounds like a better investment than boat anchors.

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@Goldminers said:

@blitzdude said:

investing in something at $25 and then watching it go to $100 sounds like a better investment than boat anchors.

Gutters not going anywhere near $100. It was a hypothetical. You of all people should know this. You've been hoarding those green boxes for a decade plus. Dead $$$. At least the boat anchor has a purpose. THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@Goldminers said:

@blitzdude said:

Gutters not going anywhere near $100. It was a hypothetical. You of all people should know this. You've been hoarding those green boxes for a decade plus. Dead $$$. At least the boat anchor has a purpose. THKS!

@ current $25 those decade old buy prices are turning a nice profit. focus on profit, not losses.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just make sure you have a rope attached to your boat anchor.
    When friends use your boat and grab anchors to pitch over the side without checking if a rope is connected...
    Anchors aren't worth anything on their own.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@Goldminers said:

@blitzdude said:

You should take your own advice.
    Come out of the woodshed once in a while and quit constantly obsessing over something you hate so much.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2023 10:35AM

Kitco currently has bid spot silver at $25.22 and SLV is currently at $23.12 - I thought Kitco was the paper spot price of silver, no?

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought I was throwing the Boat anchor , but accidentally tossed all the Silver overboard...

A tragic Boating accident I say

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:
    I thought I was throwing the Boat anchor , but accidentally tossed all the Silver overboard...

Yes, of course.

Understandable mistake with these:

• Options

@LukeMarshall said:

We've all been there brother. RGDS!

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the "roller coaster" ride continues. We may have witnessed the high for this year.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

Boat anchors are an amazing investment. FYI boat anchors are what non-collectors (spouses >:) ) call old cast iron sewing machines. Some people love them and collect them and like I said, amazing. You can buy one that was abandoned and beat up for only about $50! Then you can spend hundreds of dollars and hours cleaning and fixing and rewiring etc. and then you can sell it for a cool $50! Way better than gutter.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options
    edited December 8, 2023 7:41AM

sold some Roosevelt dimes

@Clackamas1 said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

I say at about this time, in my life ( as short as all of our lives actually are ) that the floor should be $25. and if it were my thread and i controlled the narrative, my strike through edits would not be so far off reality + current conditions. The OP has the joystick. That is all I can say. For a day or so when it nearly blew thru to $26, it was edited to reflect reality. However, joystick dude likes to poke the bear when there is no bear. Only bull. Blitzdude thinks the floor is $20. Different thesis.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

He lives away from the city, raises chickens and buys gold, but oh no - no bunker mentality there.

Wants to sell his monster boxes at a 29%% premium to spot. I wonder what premium he puts on gold in a trade?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2023 2:35PM

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    sold some Roosevelt dimes

@Clackamas1 said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

I say at about this time, in my life ( as short as all of our lives actually are ) that the floor should be $25. and if it were my thread and i controlled the narrative, my strike through edits would not be so far off reality + current conditions. The OP has the joystick. That is all I can say. For a day or so when it nearly blew thru to $26, it was edited to reflect reality. However, joystick dude likes to poke the bear when there is no bear. Only bull. Blitzdude thinks the floor is $20. Different thesis.

They don't call it gutter metal for nothing. May have to strikethru it back to the teens. LOL RGDS!

• Options

@jmski52 said:
    He lives away from the city, raises chickens and buys gold, but oh no - no bunker mentality there.

Wants to sell his monster boxes at a 29%% premium to spot. I wonder what premium he puts on gold in a trade?

I live in gods country and raise livestock just like millions of other people. What on earth does that have to do with being a bunker dwelling doomsdayer? The sky is not falling. America is great, the dollar is strong and the economy is BOOMIN.

And the metal of kings is not for sale. THKS!

• Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2023 10:15PM

When someone says the word "treasure", I don't think about a Walter White barrel of greenbacks. I think of silver and gold.

That being said, the returns in greenbacks and digital numbers in the stock market Roth IRA make holding silver and gold look like a fools investment by comparison. I've been known to be foolish sometimes.

• Options

KItco bid prices: Gold @ $2004.50, Silver @ $22.97

GSR = 87.26

(1) Monster Box of ASEs = 5.73 oz of Gold

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    KItco bid prices: Gold @ $2004.50, Silver @ $22.97

GSR = 87.26

(1) Monster Box of ASEs = 5.73 oz of Gold

Funny how when comparing riches to riches there are no bitches

• Options
    edited January 21, 2024 6:11PM

Just bought some gutter metal. Needed the '22s, '23s and '24s for the Danscos. First gutter purchase since 9/2021. Nothing like getting ripped off. LOL!

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Just bought some gutter metal. Needed the '22s, '23s and '24s for the Danscos. First gutter purchase since 9/2021. Nothing like getting ripped off. LOL!

I just got a free (limit of one) 2024 ASE from bullion exchanges. Had to spend $199 on other items to get free shipping.

• Options

Another year (decade) in the gutter.......?

Silver’s Leading the Way… to New Yearly Lows
    https://www.fxempire.com/forecasts/article/silvers-leading-the-way-to-new-yearly-lows-1404066

Certainly, can't think that anyone should be surprised. Stack on!

• Options

Almost back to $30 gutter metal. It's like 2020 all over again. RGDS!

• Options

will you be buying again at $35?

• Options

@derryb said:
    will you be buying again at $35?

Again? I don't think I've ever bought at $35. My current DCA resides in the $19's. THKS!

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2024 4:16PM

I know @blitzdude is all "gold or bust" and all but I don't think over $300 for one teeny little dime sized(?) 1/10 oz gold eagle (the cheapest way to buy gold that you can collect years of) would be nearly as much fun as say, adding a few silver eagles (I'm only missing 86, 95, 96, 98) or maples I don't yet have or get some good HONEST money (silver dimes/quarters/halves) or even get started on late 80s silver eagle proofs (in OGP of course)! I mean it's just like any hobby, it should be fun right? There's just way too much of the Metal of Yukon Cornelius to check off my list!

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2024 7:32PM

@Estil

If you want cheap gold and have to do fractional, you should take a peak at 2 and 2 1/2 Mexico pesos. They’re beautiful coins and have less premiums than 1/10 AGEs.

• Options

Gold and silver both have upside potential. Combining a little of each will help to offset the volatility of silver while still being able to benefit from silver's tendency to spike higher in a market runup.

I'd go with 75% silver and 25% gold if I were just starting out on a limited budget.

Stick with recognizable coins that have a ready market when you come to sell, and keep enough cash on the side to weather any downturns. You don't want to sell under pressure at any future date.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:
    @Estil

If you want cheap gold and have to do fractional, you should take a peak at 2 and 2 1/2 Mexico pesos. They’re beautiful coins and have less premiums than 1/10 AGEs.

That's crazy...I haven't even started on silver libertads yet!!

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars