Home Precious Metals
Options

̶$̶2̶0̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶$̶4̶0̶ ̶$̶5̶0̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶ ̶$̶2̶5 $30 Gutter Metal?

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Whatever you say then how bout the price of gutter is down $30 in the last 13 years?

PS: I'm still buying gold. RGDS!

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s hard to argue with that graph: after a long period of doldrums following the mid sixties demonetization, silver seems to be on a long term upward trend, with natural volatility.

Higashiyama
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Higashiyama said:
    It’s hard to argue with that graph: after a long period of doldrums following the mid sixties demonetization, silver seems to be on a long term upward trend, with natural volatility.

Pretty much sums up what I have been saying about silver for the last 10 years: upward trend with money making volatility.

Anyone claiming silver is in the gutter has their head in the gutter. As Dan’s chart shows down days do not indicate a long-term downward trend. They only indicate the volatility.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@Higashiyama said:

Pretty much sums up what I have been saying about silver for the last 10 years: upward trend with money making volatility.

And compared to 10 years ago gutter is lower today than it was then. Keep preaching Ace and stack on. LOL. #TheLostDecade THKS! :sunglasses:

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited August 26, 2023 1:55PM

No, because I understand volatility I will continue buying low and selling high while you continue whining about losing money. And when I, or my heirs, make that last sale of silver eagles that I originally bought for less than eight dollars each, I can promise you it will be for a very large profit. And, Because most of what I sell at the end will be silver that was purchased with profits from the volatility, there will be a s$it load of profit. And in the end you and I will both know that while you were crying, I was making money. Keep whining, it seems the more you cry the more money I make L O L.

• Options

I did it with the SLV, didn't even need to buy, store, find a buyer, ship etc. when it was time to sell. With spreads and premiums you didn't make squat. I did it all with the simple click of a mouse. Childs Play. RGDS!

• Options

I also just realized you have what is perhaps the most labor-intensive "investment" outside of farming or logging. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    I did it with the SLV, didn't even need to buy, store, find a buyer, ship etc. when it was time to sell. With spreads and premiums you didn't make squat. I did it all with the simple click of a mouse. Childs Play. RGDS!

Based on your comments on this forum, I am skeptical that you've actually come out ahead in the long run trading SLV.
    Anyway, if you like SLV, then have at it.
    But I'm not buying it.

• Options
    59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

Based on your comments on this forum, I am skeptical that you've actually come out ahead in the long run trading SLV.
    But I'm not buying it.

Not buying the Silver OR not buying the BS?

• Options

@59Horsehide said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

But I'm not buying it.

Not buying the Silver OR not buying the BS?

Not buying BS or SLV.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Whatever you say then how bout the price of gutter is down $30 in the last 13 years?

Me, too.... but you could do another strike thru to $18 if you're that bearish. Reality is more like $25.

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

Me, too.... but you could do another strike thru to $18 if you're that bearish. Reality is more like $25.

Perhaps...... Let's hope so for the SLV. THKS!

• Options

I never did well with SLV.
    My money literally goes into coins or bars and rounds made of silver .... and with that, voila..... I reason ( with you here) that silver is closer to $25, you do another strike thru ( thanks). I go order another few hundred ounces ....And silver drops back down to the $22 range.
    Cursed. Fooled again. I'm pondering ordering another 100 ounces, but that one ounce palladium coin is coming out from the mint today. Off topic and track, but talk premium for a moment.
    Wow.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    I never did well with SLV.
    My money literally goes into coins or bars and rounds made of silver .... and with that, voila..... I reason ( with you here) that silver is closer to $25, you do another strike thru ( thanks). I go order another few hundred ounces ....And silver drops back down to the $22 range.
    Cursed. Fooled again. I'm pondering ordering another 100 ounces, but that one ounce palladium coin is coming out from the mint today. Off topic and track, but talk premium for a moment.
    Wow.

The Mint must be joking. Almost a 100% markup over spot?
    Who in their
    sane" mind would buy this "round?"

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint is out of control, just like most of the gov.com agencies.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Wow.

It is a beautiful coin, would love to have one but not at those premiums. I'd consider it at $1250, guessing I will probably never own one. RGDS!

• Options

Semper Fi.

These prices ? More like sci fi

Available today at the US Mint.

I'd put it in the coin forum but it's a medal. :joy:

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@OPA said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yup
    :joy:
    There's a buyer at $22.50 And a seller at $25 in just a few weeks. Who'd have thought rocket science and the gutter were in such close proximity ?

The gutter never disappoints. Where else could you park money and go nowhere for decades? Stack on. THKS!

In the bank. In fact , fees and inflation will dissipate those dollars.

Fees? Who on earth pays fees at a bank? Not to mention the banks are paying me higher interest rates on my savings than I am paying them for loans. I guess you could say they are the ones paying me fees. It's certainly not rocket science. B) TKWTSYRS!

Agree. As an example ..My mortgage rate is 3.35% .. Capital One... savings account rate is 4.30%

So, you're paying fees. They may ( this time) be offset , however, you're still paying fees.
    Remember when oil was minus $37 per barrel a couple years ago ? How many got oil for free ? Like the paper dollar, there is a glut of "instruments of debt" out on the street and filling the minds.

How does an interest rate on a mortgage make sense to compare with a deposit account?

One is cash on hand in form of deposits and the other is based on cash from the power of the air aka bank loan ratios.

Although, I haven't read this entire thread TY

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2023 3:38PM

Yes, it all works out for the better, understanding debt is a study in itself . I remember those old joner's getting there 10%- 12% CDs and payments every six months and then redepositing the money( 2 to 4,000 dollars) Mortgages of $12,000 paid off. I was 24 and jealous, couldn't afford the 14% mortgage.

Envious they could take the $4000 and score every six months at 12%

Now, in my old age I'm the joner and I gotta put $330,000 in the bank UPFRONT  and get that 4.5% payday. Mortgage paid off !!! 

After all if you figure 3.25% mortgage with a $300,000 balance and $30,000 (NOT) in the bank @4.25%

Amortization calculate the loan.

Who's really ahead?

It's tough these days, but every little bit helps. Bravo to those who are saving.

Mises today; REAL ECONOMIC GROWTH DEPENDS ON SAVING

• Options

@Soldi said:
    Yes, it all works out for the better, understanding debt is a study in itself . I remember those old joner's getting there 10%- 12% CDs and payments every six months and then redepositing the money( 2 to 4,000 dollars) Mortgages of $12,000 paid off. I was 24 and jealous, couldn't afford the 14% mortgage.

Envious they could take the $4000 and score every six months at 12%

Now, in my old age I'm the joner and I gotta put $330,000 in the bank UPFRONT and get that 4.5% payday. Mortgage paid off !!!

After all if you figure 3.25% mortgage with a $300,000 balance and $30,000 (NOT) in the bank @4.25%

Amortization calculate the loan.

Who's really ahead?

It's tough these days, but every little bit helps. Bravo to those who are saving.

Mises today; REAL ECONOMIC GROWTH DEPENDS ON SAVING

I'm saving silver and gold. Buy low. As to our paper tiger .....

• Options

"Beware the military industrial complex"

• Options

Well, at least they got that extra $1.5 trillion authorized, on our way to a $2 trillion deficit for the year!

What could possibly go wrong? MMT anyone? Maybe pump a few more dozen Abhrams and F-16’s into the mix, just to liven things up!

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2023 4:53PM

@jmski52 said:
    Well, at least they got that extra $1.5 trillion authorized, on our way to a $2 trillion deficit for the year!

What could possibly go wrong? MMT anyone? Maybe pump a few more dozen Abhrams and F-16’s into the mix, just to liven things up!

Better than the $7T that occurred the 4 years prior I suppose. Unless you love the debt as most 'Mericans apparently do. Stack on!

Disclaimer: The metal of kings that is. THKS!

• Options

The metal of "Kings" is having Covid.

6 month T-bill rates are 5.33% (State tax exempt) :#

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

6-month Treasuries now 5.56%. 30-year 4.88%.

Fiscal spending insanity for many years without adequate revenue, now a possible November government shutdown and Fed interest rate increase should result in the final destination, just like the movies. I expect an October horror show in stocks.

There should be even better opportunities for more PM purchases.

• Options

LQQK

Built in gutter to the far right. That is now !

Seems like an opportunity , again.

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    LQQK

Only if you like caching a falling knife. ;)

• Options

@OPA said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    LQQK

I like stacking and saving.

In the scriptures and constitution, silver and gold is money. So, if money cuts, imagine what those instruments of debt in paper are doing. Ever get a paper cut ? The paper tiger’s cut is deeper than it’s bite.

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@OPA said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    LQQK

Ever get a paper cut ?

Ever drop 34lbs of the gutter metal on your toes? I'll take the cut or even better the 6.5ozT gift of kings. RGDS!

• Options

Nice up side move today. It's now in between its normal trading range of $19-$25

• Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

Isn't this argument about silver getting tiresome?

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2023 6:35AM

@percyb said:
    Isn't this argument about silver getting tiresome?

It really should have been a discussion. That is what the forum was designed for.
    The problem is when peddlers, flippers, hucksters and bears overwhelm the chat.
    It's no wonder there is a debate, with the strike through prices. They're out of whack and never up to date.
    Silver hasn't been $18 for almost 4 years, yet look at where the title has it "valued". Pity the innocent who believe lies.
    Edit to add :

Let's just go with the 10 year.

• Options

And silver was below $15 until November of 2007. For like 27 years. It's useful still, today. But gutter ? Try copper vs. aluminum for your gutters. Honestly. Get a quote.

• Options

The $18 indicates where the gutter is headed. The Stikethrough shows that gutter goes up and down but it always ends up back in the gutter, right where it started. Hence the terrible investment. Live amongst the peasants, I'll stick with the Kings. RGDS!

• Options

Peasant ? $18 is where you say it's headed. I made my case. Fortune telling is not your strong suit.

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Peasant ? $18 is where you say it's headed. I made my case. Fortune telling is not your strong suit.

The gutter will absolutely see $18. The Kings are once again flirting with all time highs. There's a reason why we have peasants and kings. Perhaps someday you will finally board the right train. RGDS!

• Options
    ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

The gutter will absolutely see $18. The Kings are once again flirting with all time highs. There's a reason why we have peasants and kings. Perhaps someday you will finally board the right train. RGDS!

I hope you're not the one who believes every YouTube channel he sees....

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

I think your train is off the rails. The thread was never about gold. Yet, here you are telling me that I ( or anyone in silver) is in the gutter and a peasant, based off of your prognostications , which are misguided.
    And what makes you think I ( or others in the discussion ) don't hold gold ?

Not sure a mirror can help you see yourself but I think your halo ( crown) is around your ankles. Careful not to trip.

• Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

I have owned gold dating back to $300 and silver at $7 so the shortsighted antagonists blow hot air.
    WTF are Kings?

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2023 5:55PM

Halloween, I'm in the sticks so not many ticker treaters. I offered 1ozt of gutter metal or a full sized snickers/reeses bars. The pogey bait won out 9 to 1. Even the young-ins up here in gods country realize the gutter is basically worthless. RGDS!

PS: Kings accumulate Au not trash metal. THKS!

• Options

Follow the yellow BRIC road ?
    The wizard of " ah's ".

• Options

If it’s worthless, why do you own it?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Follow the yellow BRIC road ?
    The wizard of " ah's ".

The Oz story/movie are about the gold standard and the Fed: yellow brick rd. vs the wizard behind the current.

• Options

$18 ? $24 ! close enough :joy:

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Perhaps I should sell the SLV before the dog falls back to $18? :joy: THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Perhaps I should sell the SLV before the dog falls back to $18? :joy: THKS!

Yes, you should sell it all now, and sell short too.

• Options

You will not go broke, taking a profit. And now may be a good time. Silver is near the top range of it's roller coaster ride over the last several years.

• Options

Silver is nowhere near the top of its range.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    Silver is nowhere near the top of its range.

I suppose you are correct, if you go back 12 years. However, that has not been the case for the last several years.

• Options

Gutters back at $25. Looks like it's been there about 15 different times since mid 2020. Groundhog day all over again. RGDS! :neutral: