Home Precious Metals
Options

̶$̶2̶0̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶$̶4̶0̶ ̶$̶5̶0̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶ ̶$̶2̶5 $30 Gutter Metal?

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

My net worth increased a modest 19.6% last year. Most people I talk to lost $$$ in 2022. Perfectly content with my investment strategy.

You're still hoarding the same gutter you paid 2x for almost 15 years ago. Good thing you killed it on all those crypto trades to make up the difference. :roll

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the Carmac the Magician card tell you what I paid and when I paid? If so you need a new deck. And yes the crypto killing has paid for my silver stack so, any silver sale over $0 is 100% profit. What does your deck of cards tell you my profit was on a recent real estate sale? LOL

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    Did the Carmac the Magician card tell you what I paid and when I paid? If so you need a new deck. And yes the crypto killing has paid for my silver stack so, any silver sale over $0 is 100% profit. What does your deck of cards tell you my profit was on a recent real estate sale? LOL

Well, isn't that something? Carmac the Magician who's made a career on this board letting the rest of us know what we paid and when we paid...... Hopefully you sold off the bunker down in that Florida swampland and decided to venture back out into reality.......and in the process I hope you got RICH™. CNGRTS!

• Options

P.S Luv ya Brother!!! :heart:

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2023 8:08PM

The silver one-year chart looks like a classic cup and handle formation to me. I think there is a good chance for it to breakout to test $26 resistance soon. Then expect a bit of profit taking as Fed plays their game hopefully one last time Feb 1st. Eventually a break above $26 later in the year would be my optimistic view, headed to $30 range if a real Fed pivot is in the cards.

To me SLV, GLD, PPLT are a great way to play the moves, but real coins and bullion are what I like to hold. Platinum may be the one leading the way as it already broke out of the handle with a strong move up.

• Options

FED free money broke the cup and handle and most all other chart prognostication tools. Charts are based on fundamentals, today's market prices are not.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    FED free money broke the cup and handle and most all other chart prognostication tools. Charts are based on fundamentals, today's market prices are not.

Charts are based on investor buy and sell decisions. That's why a chart of bitcoin can look like a chart of silver or GME stock.

And yes, market prices, especially short term, are based on emotions.

So do we invest based on fundamentals or emotions?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Perhaps another trip down memory lane back to the teens? Gutter has become so predictable. THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Perhaps another trip down memory lane back to the teens? Gutter has become so predictable. THKS!

if you could only correctly predict it. . .

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

I predict that silver will still have plenty of worth tomorrow, and the next day, and the days after that. The paper contracts, maybe not.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

I unfortunately don't think it's gonna happen this year.. and if did here comes a stupid premium...

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

" I predict that silver will still have plenty of worth tomorrow, and the next day, and the days after that. The paper contracts, maybe not "

Agreed. though if there is some panic on Monday, due to last week bank issues... and the stock market tanks... possible there may be some losses on the metals, due to selling of assets to meet losses, etc? Who knows? Stay tuned.....

----- kj
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:
    " I predict that silver will still have plenty of worth tomorrow, and the next day, and the days after that. The paper contracts, maybe not "

Agreed. though if there is some panic on Monday, due to last week bank issues... and the stock market tanks... possible there may be some losses on the metals, due to selling of assets to meet losses, etc? Who knows? Stay tuned.....

Yes, when distressed sales and margin calls mount, entities will sell whatever they can to meet obligations.
    This sort of thing has (temporarily) affected metals prices in the past.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2023 5:54AM

PM's doing quite well with the bank failure scare, so far this morning :) Silver up $1.50 since last Thursday. Glad I bought some more physical last week when it bounced around $20.

• Options

“Silver is just so predictable” says Mr. Timing.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    “Silver is just so predictable” says Mr. Timing.

That it is. Stay tuned. THKS! :sunglasses:

• Options

That it is. Stay tuned. THKS! :sunglasses:

Didn't you just finish predicting silver in the teens only 1 trading day ago? And up she goes, almost 7% in 1 day. Very Impressive!

Let me know when you are making another prediction. I wanna be in on it. B)

(in the opposite direction, but hey - your timing is almost incomparable).

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another day, another price change.

Another > @blitzdude said:

The title with all the strike through dollar amounts finally makes sense. $15 is the price we have to pay over spot to purchase Silver American Eagles. :wink:

• Options
    edited April 16, 2023 8:06AM

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

The title with all the strike through dollar amounts finally makes sense. $15 is the price we have to pay over spot to purchase Silver American Eagles. :wink:

I'll sell you all you want at $14 over. If you buy in bulk, I may even consider $13. Will consider swaps for the Au as well. RGDS!

Edit: Updated the title for you, although there is no doubt, we will see $15 again. THKS!

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

I can sell you up to 1200 ASE at $11 over, so certainly a choice if you are paying $15. Let me know,

• Options

@jclovescoins said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

I can sell you up to 1200 ASE at $11 over, so certainly a choice if you are paying $15. Let me know,

I rounded up to illustrate a point for gutter guru dude , in pricing structures. I'll sell you 10,000 ounces of silver for $$2.50 over spot, too. Or a million pounds of sterling. Or as much gold as you want. Need stamps ? Price increase in July.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time to up date ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

volatility will void most any update. There's a reason why the thread has so many strike thrus.

• Options

@OPA said:
    Time to up date ;)

Yes sir, Groundhog Day all over again. The gutter never disappoints. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@OPA said:
    Time to up date ;)

Buys for the wise. Just ordered 1000oz at the gutter level.
    Thank you for your diligence.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@OPA said:
    Time to up date ;)

Yes sir, it's price volatility provides opportunity.

• Options

Yup
    :joy:
    There's a buyer at $22.50 And a seller at $25 in just a few weeks. Who'd have thought rocket science and the gutter were in such close proximity ?

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yup
    There's a buyer at $22.50 And a seller at $25 in just a few weeks. Who'd have thought rocket science and the gutter were in such close proximity ?

The gutter never disappoints. Where else could you park money and go nowhere for decades? Stack on. THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yup

The gutter never disappoints. Where else could you park money and go nowhere for decades? Stack on. THKS!

In the bank. In fact , fees and inflation will dissipate those dollars.

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yup

Fees? Who on earth pays fees at a bank? Not to mention the banks are paying me higher interest rates on my savings than I am paying them for loans. I guess you could say they are the ones paying me fees. It's certainly not rocket science. B) TKWTSYRS!

• Options

Right. It ain't rocket science like gutter ain't silver.
    Gutter is about a buck per pound ( melt)
    Silver is about $$300 per pound( melt)

• Options
    edited July 27, 2023 1:16AM

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yup

Fees? Who on earth pays fees at a bank? Not to mention the banks are paying me higher interest rates on my savings than I am paying them for loans. I guess you could say they are the ones paying me fees. It's certainly not rocket science. B) TKWTSYRS!

News flash - YOU are paying "fees" at your bank, in the form of interest on the "loans" (debt) that you carry.

• Options

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yup

News flash - YOU are paying "fees" at your bank, in the form of interest on the "loans" (debt) that you carry.

He doesn't have loans, apparently. He gives them. You will notice the generosity in his offers to buy silver below FMV, publicly. Thats how some of the rich get richer. Beating down the barterers who made good trades, only to be offered less by those who disparage it.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yup

Agree. As an example ..My mortgage rate is 3.35% .. Capital One... savings account rate is 4.30%

• Options

@OPA said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yup

Agree. As an example ..My mortgage rate is 3.35% .. Capital One... savings account rate is 4.30%

So, you're paying fees. They may ( this time) be offset , however, you're still paying fees.
    Remember when oil was minus $37 per barrel a couple years ago ? How many got oil for free ? Like the paper dollar, there is a glut of "instruments of debt" out on the street and filling the minds.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2023 12:55PM

@Goldminers said:
    The silver one-year chart looks like a classic cup and handle formation to me. I think there is a good chance for it to breakout to test $26 resistance soon.

>

The 12 year silver chart has a too deeply sloped neckline to be a legitimate cup w/handle pattern. Gold has one for sure but not silver. Had silver made it back to $35 in 2020/2021 then maybe I'd think different. Silver retraced way too deep in August 2022. That 61-66 % retrace from $30.05 to $17.55 was just too deep. 38-50% retraces would be the norm for a legitimate cup w/handle.

Silver's 1 yr chart pattern is an inverted H&S. And it currently could easily wander another 3-4 months into the $20-$21 range to better match the left shoulder time symmetry. It's price objective would be $35 or back to the 2012 high....assuming it holds $19.64.

I said earlier this year that Martin Armstrong's business cycle and economic confidence charts have PM's heading towards a significant low by April 2024. I think gold and silver will continue to cycle in recent ranges. It sure feels like a shakeout in financial markets (ie banks, stocks, etc) is coming in the August-October window. Will be hard for PMs to gain traction when most everyone is looking to pare down assets all at the same time. Silver spot premiums have shrunk like crazy recently....which is weakness imo....not strength. I see Heritage offering very tight spreads on 90% and ASE's. Feels to me like they're lightening up to reduce exposure/risk.

Bottom line is that April is the next turning point. And the next upward PMs move would most likely coincide with April 2024 - April 2025. This 8.6 yr economic or business confidence cycle ultimately bottoming in June 2028 (ie a peak for PMs). Similar 8.6 yr peaks as to Jan 2020 and Aug 2011. And then toss in a multi-year world economic and military "war" from 2024-2026 to complicate things even more. This coming confidence peak in April might be marking an approximate peak or secondary peak for stocks.....accuracy is typically 0-6 months. Since the Armstrong ECM has tracked gold really well since the 1999 bottom ($252) I'll continue to utilize it as a timing tool. Armstrong's AI, Real Estate and ECM models have been forecasting major market lows around 2033. Seems to correlate with whatever "reset" is coming down the pike.

https://armstrongeconomics.com/models/

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

@roadrunner said:

@Goldminers said:
    The silver one-year chart looks like a classic cup and handle formation to me. I think there is a good chance for it to breakout to test $26 resistance soon.

>

Silver's 1 yr chart pattern is an inverted H&S. And it currently could easily wander another 3-4 months into the $20-$21 range to better match the left shoulder time symmetry. It's price objective would be $35 or back to the 2012 high....assuming it holds $19.64.

Good stuff, and remember I predicted $20 gutter metal well before Armstrongs AI model. RGDS! :sunglasses:

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:
    PS:
    If 99.9% of Americans could "care less" about silver, then why aren't there a lot more of the older silver coins in circulation ?

Ever visit the smelter? I mean you of all people should know this. lol

Yes , they could "care less" but they don't!!!!
    So they're hoarding it

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@roadrunner said:

@Goldminers said:

>

Good stuff, and remember I predicted $20 gutter metal well before Armstrongs AI model. RGDS! :sunglasses:

Very good stuff with one caveat.
    I don't think the Armstrong model uses a strike-through to validate his predictions (retracing analysis).
    Your thread title indicates the many swings up and down. If it was a prognosticating thread, I would have said "about twenty bucks" too. In high school back in the '70's it was about five bucks for a silver dollar.
    Retracing my steps a little. And by the late seventies it was about "fiddy"

• Options

The strikethrough illustrates that gutter goes up and gutter goes down. Mostly down, as nobody really wants the stuff. It's certainly not a precious metal. THKS!

PS: A Morgan or Peace dollar has some numismatic premium attached and rightly so. People certainly don't buy them just because they contain 90% gutter metal.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

PS: A Morgan or Peace dollar has some numismatic premium attached and rightly so. People certainly don't buy them just because they contain 90% gutter metal.

Wrong again!

• Options

They buy them because they are 90% silver and because they are real money.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

Unlikely...They buy them for speculative purposes in hopes silver will go up. Try to spend your silver coins at a store & I'll guarantee you'll will only receive face value for your purchase.

• Options

@OPA said:

@jmski52 said:

Unlikely...They buy them for speculative purposes in hopes silver will go up. Try to spend your silver coins at a store & I'll guarantee you'll will only receive face value for your purchase.

At my store, I'll give about $20. And up . I mean if ya want an instrument of debt for your money, there are plenty who will take your money (silver or gold) and give you notes.
    How many would work for one dollar per hour if they received one silver eagle per hour ? The dumbing down is nearly complete.

• Options

True enough, and as long as the dollar can remain afloat, it's all good, right? It's all speculation - true enough.

Problem is, the dollar has been abused for so long that there may very well be a moment when it will take a million of them to buy a month's worth of groceries, while the stocks you own have only gained in nominal terms - effectively a crash in purchasing power and a deflation of a magnitude that no one expects.

Is the doom & gloom going to happen? Who ever thought that Venezuela would become such a train wreck through mismanagement of its economy and natural resources? We're on exactly the same path, except that they didn't have the reserve currency. We've already squandered that status beyond what I'd have thought possible.

At some point, a significant number of loans won't be getting paid, a significant number of people won't be getting paid - and a significant number of people will run out of options. A week ago, 61% of all working families in the US were living paycheck to paycheck. This past week, the number went up to 69% of all working families are living paycheck to paycheck. Take away those income streams because of massive small business failures and what do you have?

A barter economy? A Mad Max scenario? Something worse?

It's likely that I won't be using silver coins to buy anything at face value, ever. But there may certainly come a time when that store won't even be in business. At that time, it's most likely in my opinion that silver coins will be accepted for their worth, but not in dollar terms because the dollar will be a laughing stock. JMHO.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2023 5:48AM

@ $2 per ounce over 30 days ?
    I view the chart and can reason why OP sees a gutter".

• Options

He only thinks of it as gutter material because he tries to time the market and can't get it right. :*

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

It's gutter as in the sewer, not the gutters on the side of your house. Cripes at least those have some value. THKS!

PS: How about down $30 in the last 40 years. LOL

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    It's gutter as in the sewer, not the gutters on the side of your house. Cripes at least those have some value. THKS!

PS: How about down $30 in the last 40 years. LOL

I guess you have never understood the concept of "buy low" when something has temporarily fallen out of favor.

PS:
    No, it isn't down "$30 in the last 40 years". The "$50" price of 1980 was an artificial paper-trading anomaly and had no basis in reality. The real price, for actual metal trades, peaked at about $30. And that price only held for a day or two at most.. The $50 1980 price was about as valid as the NEGATIVE $40 per barrel price of oil contracts in April 2020. Did you ever hear of anyone being paid $40 per barrel to accept delivery of crude oil ? Of course not.

• Options

Whatever you say then how bout the price of gutter is down $30 in the last 13 years?

PS: I'm still buying gold. RGDS!