Home Precious Metals
Options

̶$̶2̶0̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶$̶4̶0̶ ̶$̶5̶0̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶ ̶$̶2̶5 $30 Gutter Metal?

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:
    PS:
    If 99.9% of Americans could "care less" about silver, then why aren't there a lot more of the older silver coins in circulation ?

Ever visit the smelter? I mean you of all people should know this. lol

They would have to care about it in the first place to remove it from circulation and send to the smelter.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:
    PS:
    If 99.9% of Americans could "care less" about silver, then why aren't there a lot more of the older silver coins in circulation ?

Because the 300,000 who care have had 58 years to pull them from circulation.

PS....99.9% probably could care less but 99.9% of them couldnt care less.

What about the (I presume) millions of people who have inherited silver coins and did not put them back into circulation ?
    In other words, once silver coins are taken out of circulation, they tend to stay out of circulation, even when transferred to people who never had any before.

If I didn't know anything about silver, and I was given a bunch of silver coins, I think I would begin to care what the silver price is.

Yes....just about everyone has a "silver dollar" that grandma Betty or Uncle Walter left them. They care that it was Betty's or Walter's, not that it was silver. And when they take it to the coin dealer to find out its value and are told "$25-30", it goes back into the shoebox and is forgotten about until that person dies.

It would be great if silver would finally prove its promises, but for many stackers it's been a huge disappointment. I'll be starting a thread in about 3 months that will bear this out.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

It would be great if silver would finally prove its promises, but for many stackers it's been a huge disappointment. I'll be starting a thread in about 3 months that will bear this out.

Why wait?

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2022 5:04PM

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:
    PS:

Ever visit the smelter? I mean you of all people should know this. lol

They would have to care about it in the first place to remove it from circulation and send to the smelter.

Yes, see the less than 0.01% bunker hoarders, coin dealers, Brinks coin sorting machines etc.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Why wait?

Timing is everything. But timing may be moved up if current trends continue.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @OPA said:

Very unlikely that it will get that low. $17.75 would be my guess.

nk1nk

still laughing?

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2022 10:28AM

I suspect a good drop over this 3 day weekend. Based on nothing... other than that seems to be frequently the case in the past.

----- kj
  • Options

Faith that PMs will not climb is the same as having faith that stocks will not drop. LOL

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wages, dollar, national debt? These things have absolutely nothing to do with the price.

Not yet, perhaps - but when they do matter, you'll wish that you had a truckload of the stuff instead of piddling around with
    paper contracts that will default.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2022 2:46PM

Wages, dollar, national debt? These things have absolutely nothing to do with the price.

They have everything to do with the value. Price is determined by paper traders, value is determined by physical buyers. This is why there are two different prices.

• Options

Gutters sub $18 that's the "price". You may be naive enough to pay more but as Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute". RGDS!

• Options

@jmski52 said:

Not yet, perhaps - but when they do matter, you'll wish that you had a truckload of the stuff instead of piddling around with

paper contracts default every time the futures exchange pays off a contract with cash instead of the silver specified in the contract. Cash is not a rarity at the door to the silver vault.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

“ Sell Over $20 Rule™ “ … anyone familiar with this?…

keceph `anah
  • Options

@derryb said:

@jmski52 said:

paper contracts default every time the futures exchange pays off a contract with cash instead of the silver specified in the contract. Cash is not a rarity at the door to the silver vault.

Yup...those contracts for 10,000oz+ want their silver & not being paid in cash? I would suspect that most "cashing out" prefer $$$$$$. And I suspect most of us, with a bid of common sense, do not fall into the doomsday scenarios advocated by some self proclaimed economic or pm gurus.

• Options

The established norms are all being broken as we speak. There is a worldwide breakdown in manufacturing, energy, supply chains, fertilizer, food production, rule of law, etc., etc. The astonishing thing is that most of these problems are contrived and by design. What makes one think that the paper contracts aren't going to be broken? You don't have to be an economic guru to see that we're ALL in for some rough sledding financially - whether you own enough precious metals or not.

I'm skeptical that individual silver demand can force Comex to do anything by taking physical delivery, BUT when mining output slows down enough because of poor economic conditions while investment demand remains the same or increases, the situation will take care of itself. We could be on the cusp of seeing that situation now. Real markets always have a way to reassert themselves in spite of the corruption and collusion that exists.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭

Well, silver is back up to $21 and change...I was hoping it'd say cheap longer but hey I guess I managed to get as much silver as I could reasonably afford while the getting was good!

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

@jmski52 said:

Yup...those contracts for 10,000oz+ want their silver & not being paid in cash? I would suspect that most "cashing out" prefer $$$$$$. And I suspect most of us, with a bid of common sense, do not fall into the doomsday scenarios advocated by some self proclaimed economic or pm gurus.

Yup...those dang speculators...

• Options

@Estil said:
    Well, silver is back up to $21 and change...I was hoping it'd say cheap longer but hey I guess I managed to get as much silver as I could reasonably afford while the getting was good!

Don't worry, the gutter typically doesn't stay manipulated higher for very long. It will fall faster than it rose. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@Estil said:

Don't worry, the gutter typically doesn't stay manipulated higher for very long. It will fall faster than it rose. RGDS!

I live in an apt complex...what use would I have for gutters? Or do you mean the kind in bowling?

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2022 11:18PM

@blitzdude said:
    Gutters sub $18 that's the "price". You may be naive enough to pay more but as Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute". RGDS!

Another great contrarian indicator from blitzdude.

• Options

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

Another great contrarian indicator from blitzedude.

It will be there again soon enough. Keep peddling your trinkets. THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

Your "buddy" cohodk says the same thing about "trinkets".
    You two are one and the same ?

• Options

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

Your "buddy" derryb continually pumps gutter metal conspiracies on the board while attempting to peddle it just like you.
    Perhaps you two are one in the same?

• Options
    edited October 4, 2022 8:02PM

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

Your "buddy" derryb continually pumps gutter metal conspiracies on the board while attempting to peddle it just like you.

When have I ever "peddled" silver bullion on this forum ?

I don't even consider the items that I make to be "bullion". They are collector items with low mintages that have "premiums" that are much higher than Silver Eagles.

• Options

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

they have "premiums" that are much higher than Silver Eagles.

I don't even consider the items that I make to be "bullion". They are collector items with low mintages they have "premiums" that are much higher than Silver Eagles.

"I don't even consider the items that I make to be "bullion"

Some do.

"they have "premiums" that are much higher than Silver Eagles."

Totally agree

"When have I ever "peddled" silver bullion on this forum ?"

You, personally, most likely not. But your products are "peddled" not only in the PM Forum, but also in the US Coin forum.

• Options
    edited October 5, 2022 8:30AM

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

While they remain conspiracies (and have been successfully prosecuted as such),they are no longer theories. They become "conspiracy realities." But you knew that, didn't you? LOL

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

"We're not arguing! I'm just explaining why you're wrong."

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2022 10:06AM

@dcarr said:

Like taking candy from a baby. You speak and the gutter tanks. DBL THKS!!

• Options

@hvellente said:

So disappointing that these threads devolve into barbs and rhetoric all the time. The same voices every time too. Even when I agree with a poster I rarely feel inclined to say so because said posters are so often so nasty. Ugh!

Stick around for a few decades like the rest of us and you too will be a grumpy old man. Lol

Lots of beaten up dead horses here. Just enjoy the show. It's all in fun.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

MSOS stocks getting high today. Maybe coming out of the gutter.

• Options
    edited October 7, 2022 3:30AM

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

You speak and silver goes up (see purple arrow on the blue line at the time of your post):

• Options
    edited October 7, 2022 4:21PM

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

You speak and silver goes up (see purple arrow on the blue line at the time of your post):

You did it again Ace². Down another 3% since you spoke. Glad I left the thread title at $15. ROFL Keep yapping (Looking to buy back into SLV after the tank). :sunglasses:

• Options
    edited October 8, 2022 2:02AM

@blitzdude said:

You did it again Ace². Down another 3% since you spoke. Glad I left the thread title at $15. ROFL Keep yapping (Looking to buy back into SLV after the tank). :sunglasses:

You think silver is a good buy right now ?
    You must be thinking that, if you are contemplating buying SLV at this time.

But, about a month ago you wrote:

@blitzdude said:

So, paying more than $18 for silver (a month ago) would be "naive" and a "sucker" bet ?
    But buying SLV (now) while silver is at $20 is ok ?

Your posts are contradictory, to say the least.

• Options

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

You think silver is a good buy right now ?
    You must be thinking that, if you are contemplating buying SLV at this time.

But, about a month ago you wrote:

@blitzdude said:

So, paying more than $18 for silver (a month ago) would be "naive" and a "sucker" bet ?
    But buying SLV (now) while silver is at $20 is ok ?

Your posts are contradictory, to say the least.

I never said I was buying right now. I said keep talking so the price keeps dropping. I wouldn't touch physical gutter anywhere over $15. SLV is a short term trade which I will hop back in once the current dip is complete. THKS AGN!

• Options

@blitzdude - I seem to recall that you said that you have losing positions in paper silver, but winning positions in physical silver. Why do you even trade silver on paper if your timing doesn't work?

Given your overall attitude towards silver, why do you bother owning physical silver at all?

You don't make much sense. :)

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    @blitzdude - I seem to recall that you said that you have losing positions in paper silver, but winning positions in physical silver. Why do you even trade silver on paper if your timing doesn't work?

Given your overall attitude towards silver, why do you bother owning physical silver at all?

You don't make much sense. :)

It's called diversification. I hold many things. BTW paper gutter is not currently one of them, sold several days ago (at a profit) and will buy back in after the tank. Pay attention and get with the program. Some are hoarders and some are traders. LOL

• Options

Another $4 and it will be time for SLV. THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

Personally, I think you'll have a long wait for silver to tank at $15. My guestimate would be around the $17-$18 range.

• Options

@OPA said:

@blitzdude said:

Personally, I think you'll have a long wait for silver to tank at $15. My guestimate would be around the $17-$18 range.

Another 2 days another $1+ closer. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@OPA said:

@blitzdude said:

Another 2 days another $1+ closer. RGDS!

silver goes up, silver goes down. Profits to be made.

Long term? Way up.

Don't get stuck on the down days. LOL

• Options
    edited October 14, 2022 2:33PM

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3Vdo5etCQ

WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2023 4:57PM

Gutter is trying to get to $25 but premiums appear to be dropping like a rock. Perhaps the "spot" price will increase while the "premium" price continues to tank??? Glad I was buying SLV when a few were still pumping the ASEs. It takes a second to learn, but even life in the gutter can be profitable......Just so long as you are not wrapped up in the unicorn fart fantasies of the doomsday peddlers. RGDS!!!!

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Glad I was buying SLV when a few were still pumping the ASEs. It takes a second to learn, but even life in the gutter can be profitable......Just so long as you are not wrapped up in the unicorn fart fantasies of the doomsday peddlers. RGDS!!!!

That single ASE at APMEX (the same one used in the silver premium tracking thread) is currently selling at a 62% premium. ASE premiums are not dropping like a rock, they are adjusting a wee bit lower as spot slowly climbs, resulting in ASE prices holding and even increasing. That APMEX ASE is selling for 39.04 plus shipping while spot sits at 24.05. Extraordinary high ASE premiums are a windfall for those selling.

What premium are you earning/cashing in on the SLV? Hint: NONE RGDS!

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:
    Glad I was buying SLV when a few were still pumping the ASEs. It takes a second to learn, but even life in the gutter can be profitable......Just so long as you are not wrapped up in the unicorn fart fantasies of the doomsday peddlers. RGDS!!!!

That single ASE at APMEX (the same one used in the silver premium tracking thread) is currently selling at a 62% premium. ASE premiums are not dropping like a rock, they are adjusting a wee bit lower as spot slowly climbs, resulting in ASE prices holding and even increasing. That APMEX ASE is selling for 39.04 plus shipping while spot sits at 24.05. Extraordinary high ASE premiums are a windfall for those selling.

LOL, you've been trying to peddle the same 10 rolls on the BST for 2+ years now. I've been in and out of SLV 18 times in the process. UNRL!

• Options
    edited January 7, 2023 7:16PM

Gutter is trying to get to $25 but premiums appear to be dropping like a rock. Perhaps the "spot" price will increase while the "premium" price continues to tank?

It appears to be a self-compensating mechanism while the real price for real metal remains relatively stable.

for 2+ years now. I've been in and out of SLV 18 times in the process.

Seriously, are you at least making minimum wage doing that?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2023 7:23PM

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

LOL, you've been trying to peddle the same 10 rolls on the BST for 2+ years now. I've been in and out of SLV 18 times in the process. UNRL!

I've sold over 100 rolls with that listing and at much higher premiums than your 18 trades of SLV provides. You're ignorance on anything concerning silver is growing. You didn't answer the question - What premium are you earning/cashing in on SLV? Or are your shares simply tracking the small baby steps of spot increases? You're probably getting a better return on those gutter eggs.

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

I've sold over 100 rolls with that listing

• Options
    edited January 8, 2023 9:46AM

You should change your title to gutter paper silver.