Home U.S. Coin Forum

2020 quarter with completely smooth edge

ERingusERingus Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

The edges are sharp when gliding my fingers over the edge and it appears as if the edge has an edge but no ridges at all. Any opinions would be fantastic! Please and thank you! These were taken on an iPhone 11 Pro Max and most of these photos were taken on 10 zoom.

Comments

• ERingusERingus Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

It weighs 5.65 grams

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damaged – sorry – that’s not an error.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022

I thought maybe a broad strike. It’s still a cool looking coin. Thank you.

@FredWeinberg may I ask another question about a 1919 s wheat penny? If you have time that is. 🤞🏻

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ERingus .... Excellent pictures, thank you. You have your answer from @FredWeinberg. Go ahead and post your cent pictures. Cheers, RickO

That’s 2.89. The reflection is weird today for some reason. I will post pictures of the edge if needed.
    @ricko you have been a blessing to me for sure and I always look forward to hearing from you because your kindness outweighs the moon!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ERingus... Thank you for the kind words, I try to be helpful. More good pictures, and your cent is .22 underweight... likely from wear. Was that your question? Or is there something else on the cent you would find strange? Cheers, RickO

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1919 S is within tolerance – it is not an error

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022

@FredWeinberg thank you.
    @ricko I wasn’t sure if it were within the normal range or not. I have a few more but I will post those with my question, lol. I have at least one I know for sure is a keeper. I’m excited to share with you.

Is this 1909 a coin worth getting graded?

Is this 1909 worth getting graded?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file