Home Sports Talk
Options

ESPN poll ranks Aaron Rodgers #1 quarterback in the NFL

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

ESPN has polled a panel of experts - executives, coaches, and players from the NFL and Aaron Rodgers received the #1 ranking.

Comments

• Options

Very interesting, it would be a shame if Aaron Rodgers lost to the 49ers in the playoffs again.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2022 2:05PM

I agree......he's #1. As far as the loss to the Niners in the playoffs????? Hey, Sean McVay set that up........The Rams loss to the Niners in the last game of the season was a Ram tactical loss that resulted in a Ram strategic victory over the Niners in the championship game.....take my word for it.....the Rams were going to the playoffs win or lose the last game of the season against the Niners...the only team that flat out beat the Rams last year was the Packers......the Rams DID NOT want to face the Packers in the playoffs.....if that had happened?..... The Packers would be Super Bowl champs right now...... Greatest fake out by a coach ever.......Rams lose to Niners,.....Niners go to playoffs and slaughter Dallas, then the Niners go on to beat Packers because the Niners match up better than any team in the league against the Packers.....then.....Rams pull switch-a-roo game plan against Niners in the championship game.....Beat Niners .....go to Super Bowl and coast to a win against a mediocre Cincinnati team........pure genius!......... Hey,......it's not all what it appears to be on the surface!......Rodgers is the #1 QB.......McVay is the #1 head coach........Like it or lump it.

And,..all those Niner fans in their red jerseys at SoFi for the last game of the season that everyone here was so happy about?????... A bunch of chumps who overpaid Ram season ticket holders to watch the bamboozle!... Dopes!.....

End Result?.......

How Sweet It Is!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally it would be nice if Mahomes would lay off the commercials and concentrate on getting the Chiefs
    another SB victory. The amount of commercials is starting to get ridiculous, like back when Tiger Woods
    decided that Nike was more important than golf in his life and he went downhill fast.
    BTW I can see putting a few QB's ahead of Brady because of Tom's advanced old age, but not Josh Allen.
    He hasn't won anything yet!

• Options

@Darin said:

BTW I can see putting a few QB's ahead of Brady because of Tom's advanced old age, but not Josh Allen.
    He hasn't won anything yet!

He will...give it time......I predict the Bills in the next Super Bowl.... And, Allen and the Bills would have been in the last Super Bowl game if it weren't for the stupid overtime rules, that have been changed since. Allen is a very, very good QB.

• Options

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Aaron Rodgers, I really do. Take his appearance at the MVP award ceremony, I enjoyed every minute of it.

• Options
    edited July 14, 2022 4:17PM

@doubledragon said:
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Aaron Rodgers, I really do. Take his appearance at the MVP award ceremony, I enjoyed every minute of it.

You're too much, Dragon Master😂!......But,......how many times do you think a guy can be a target for 11 charging bad guys , your whole life, and NOT have a dazed and confused look on his face?... And besides that....he's from Chico, California...... EVERYONE there is born with that look!!!!.....Mom and Dad were most likely burned out hippies for crying out loud!

Chico, California Official City Emblem

Typical senior citizens..... Chico, California

I'm assuming you've never been there!

• Options

I only root for quarterbacks who look like they're at an auction to buy either
    a T-Rex tooth or a Megladon tooth.
    Triceratops tooth bidding QB's are a dime a dozen.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2022 5:33PM

Can we get a poll from a Legitimate reporter that isn't paid for their opinions???????
    Probably not - will get called into the ESPN office where they let Stephen A produce the punishment for being too outspoken.........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Some folks just never change hydrant.............

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Some folks just never change hydrant.............

Well damn, there goes that "Smoking will keep you young" theory right out the window..........unless they are like 150 years old?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

True story
    An SF newspaper columnist shopping in a Chico Safeway found Velveeta in the gourmet foods aisle.
    Google it: Herb Caen.

This really has to hurt Dragon cause everyone knows Rodgers is his idol.
    😁

Have a nice day
  • Options

@streeter said:
    True story
    An SF newspaper columnist shopping in a Chico Safeway found Velveeta in the gourmet foods aisle.
    Google it: Herb Caen.

This really has to hurt Dragon cause everyone knows Rodgers is his idol.
    😁

I love Velveeta, and the cheese theme goes great with this thread!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

You're too much, Dragon Master😂!......But,......how many times do you think a guy can be a target for 11 charging bad guys , your whole life, and NOT have a dazed and confused look on his face?... And besides that....he's from Chico, California...... EVERYONE there is born with that look!!!!.....Mom and Dad were most likely burned out hippies for crying out loud!

That bearded lady is an impostor, here's what a real bearded lady looks like, meet Rose!

• Options
    edited July 14, 2022 6:25PM

@Darin said:

I like your QB assessment methodology, Darin. I actually collect dinosaur bones......Since I was a little kid!....always dig into the green dirt strata in Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico!....that's where the bones are!!

Upper middle right corner......green dirt......Dino bone Bonanza!

• Options
    edited July 14, 2022 6:41PM

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

That bearded lady is an impostor, here's what a real bearded lady looks like, meet Rose!

Like, ah,...please tell me.....how did you get this picture of my brother-in-law!?......Are you in secret communication with The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™???.....I need to know......NOW!!!!.....BEFORE DINNER!!!!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Like, ah,...please tell me.....how did you get this picture of my brother-in-law!?......Are you in secret communication with The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™???.....I need to know......NOW!!!!.....BEFORE DINNER!!!!

Don't be scared of her beard, it drives the men wild!

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragon
    You eat that garbage? Oh boy!

Originally Velveeta was made from real cheese. Today, it's mainly whey protein concentrate, milk protein concentrate, milk, fat, and preservatives. By the Food and Drug Administration's standards, that's not real cheese—which is why the FDA forced Kraft to change its label from "cheese spread" to "cheese product."Aug 23, 2016

https://www.delish.com › food-news
    12 Things You Need To Know Before You Eat Velveeta - Delish.com

Have a nice day
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2022 7:48PM

@streeter said:
    Dragon

Garbage?.... You got that right Streeter.......When I was 16 years old my Mother sent me to Kansas to work on the family farm.....Those people back there ate Velveeta like it was going out of style! Slabs of the stuff....breakfast, dinner, and supper! (That's what they called breakfast, lunch, and dinner.).......Anyway, I guess Velveeta was o.k. for them except my 15 year old girl cousin who LOVED Velveeta weighed in at 260 lbs.......minimum.... That stuff makes me sick just to think about it!....Aauggg...😵......oh, the memories of the farm!.....

• Options
    edited July 14, 2022 8:00PM

But,....The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ uses it to make the most delicious cheese sauce for our home grown broccoli and cauliflower!.....leave it to a Texas girl to figure that out.......those Texas people are just as weird as the Kansas folks......go figure!

Good home style cooking brother!

• Options
    edited July 14, 2022 8:59PM

And, Velveeta is FANTASTIC as the filling for home grown green chili peppers to make Chile Rellanos!

Or little jalapeno poppers!...with home grown peppers!..... Damn!.....The Lovely Mrs Hydrant™ makes the best ones on Planet Earth!!!!!! I don't know how she does it!

I'm starting to have second thoughts..... VELVEETA is good stuff!......When used properly......

• Options

@streeter said:
    Dragon

Originally Velveeta was made from real cheese. Today, it's mainly whey protein concentrate, milk protein concentrate, milk, fat, and preservatives. By the Food and Drug Administration's standards, that's not real cheese—which is why the FDA forced Kraft to change its label from "cheese spread" to "cheese product."Aug 23, 2016

https://www.delish.com › food-news
    12 Things You Need To Know Before You Eat Velveeta - Delish.com

But it says made with real cheese on the package, Kraft wouldn't lie to us!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a big cheese fan but the one cheese product I refuse to eat is Velveeta. Absolutely gross! Give me a single slice of swiss with ham, rye and spicy mustard.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Velveeta makes the absolute best grilled cheese sandwich.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@Darin said:

I like your QB assessment methodology, Darin. I actually collect dinosaur bones......Since I was a little kid!....always dig into the green dirt strata in Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico!....that's where the bones are!!

Upper middle right corner......green dirt......Dino bone Bonanza!

Hydrant..........
    I mentioned a T-Rex or Megalodon tooth because I would actually love to find/own one.
    I saw Josh Gates (Expedition Unknown) find a Megalodon tooth on TV and I thought it was
    one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The tooth was huge. And he found an amazing specimen,
    nicely preserved.
    Of course if it was a setup or not I don't know. Seems really lucky that he found it with the camera's rolling.

• Options

The three meals are breakfast, dinner, and supper.

There is no such thing as lunch. That's the way its always been. :p

• Options

@Darin said:
    The three meals are breakfast, dinner, and supper.

There is no such thing as lunch. That's the way its always been. :p

In the south it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner. There’s no mention of a supper, except in the painting by DaVinci.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2022 9:36AM

Rodgers is almost as good as Brady so I can sorta see why he is #1

I want to give it to Allen but that loss to Jax was too much to forget

Mahomes could be number 1 and I wouldn’t have a problem with that

• Options

Rodgers has to be #1 at the moment. Back to back MVP’s.
    We’ll have to wait and see how losing their top receivers effect Mahomes and Rodgers.
    Buffalo added to an already deep receiving corps should give Allen the edge in MVP votes

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gotta say that I'm pretty impressed at the wide array of topics in this thread. We got some hippies,dinosaur teeth,fake cheese products,bearded woman,herbal logos,some pimp smacking action and even a quarterback or two. LoL! 👌

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rodgers trying to become Bill Walton?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    We’ll have to wait and see how losing their top receivers effect Mahomes and Rodgers.
    Buffalo added to an already deep receiving corps should give Allen the edge in MVP votes

I think the Chiefs receiving corps is going to have a great year.
    Mahomes has been working with most of them this off season
    and I've only heard good things about how its going.
    The Chiefs have a lot of competition in the AFC west this year but my
    main concern outside the division is the force that is Josh Allen.
    The force just may be too difficult to stop this year. :#
    So I don't think Josh is the top QB yet but definitely not ruling it out in the future.

• Options

@Darin said:
    So I don't think Josh is the top QB yet but definitely not ruling it out in the future.

That's what I think too. And if the Chargers ever put together a good team, then Herbert and Allen will be facing off in some great playoff games in the future!....... Those two guys are are very good.....My two favorites at least.

• Options

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

I think the Chiefs receiving corps is going to have a great year.
    Mahomes has been working with most of them this off season
    and I've only heard good things about how its going.
    The Chiefs have a lot of competition in the AFC west this year but my
    main concern outside the division is the force that is Josh Allen.
    The force just may be too difficult to stop this year. :#

I know Mahomes will be just fine with or without Hill. I just think he’s very hard to replace. Not only the talent but the chemistry the two had.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

So if I start a British Open thread (yes British open not simply The Open)
    I risk the embarrassingly high probability of not getting any responses
    so I will simply glom onto this thread to say................. Go Rory Mcilroy! B)

• Options

@Darin said:
    so I will simply glom onto this thread to say................. Go Rory Mcilroy! B)

What a great moment yesterday for Rory to hole out from the bunker.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2022 2:03AM

@Darin said:

come on now. you forgot who frequents this place. i woke up at 2:30 am to watch and won't stop until the Claret Jug is hoisted about 11-12 hours from now.

feels like the stars are aligning for Rory. hasn't won a major in 8 years. it's the 150th Open. on Friday when he was just starting his round, Tiger was coming up the adjacent final hole for (in all likelihood) his last time at St. Andrews. Rory tipped his cap & made Tiger tear up. a seminal, passing-the-torch moment. it just feels like everything is coming together and it's his time.

but just when you think you know what's going to happen in sports.............or feel strongly about something that's going to happen...........it doesn't.

everyone and their dog is saying he'll seal the deal today, but the guy tied with him is no joke. Hovland can really play. and behind them are sharks like Smith & Scheffler who are more than capable of going low. in other words, he's going to be forced to win it. if he isn't on top of his game today, someone else will.

it's going to be fascinating. i'm pulling for Rors, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Hovland won. he is a very down-to-earth, genuinely nice kid.

to those who are watching today, enjoy

• Options

Galaxy and 2deuces,
    I saw Rory hole out from the bunker on the 10th. Great shot, like the announcers said it
    was lucky he was right in the middle of the bunker.
    Galaxy you're really dedicated getting up that early. :o I didn't start watching yesterday until
    Rory's group teed off. Hovland played great also like you said he seems like a nice kid.
    Enjoy the final round, will be interesting to see who comes up with the big shots today under pressure.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d give him the award for the biggest whiner in the league. He’s got that one all locked up.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2022 11:52AM

Rory played it far too safe on the back nine. Cam Smith was playing lights out and had 5 birdies in a row at one point and finished without a bogey. Rory’s safe play gave him a share of third. Thrilled to see Cam win his first major. 64 final round after a 73 yesterday. Starting 4 back he caught and passed Rory on the back nine. Congratulations!

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

For another tie in to golf, I notice the top 4 QB's in the ESPN poll are the four golfers who participated in the Capital One Match in which Rodgers drained the final putt for a Rodgers/Brady victory over Mahomes/Allen.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think there's any question that Rodgers is #1.

I'd probably put Stafford ahead of Burrow right now but that's my only quibble with the top of the list.

• Options
    edited July 17, 2022 8:38PM

@Tabe said:
    I don't think there's any question that Rodgers is #1.

I'd probably put Stafford ahead of Burrow right now but that's my only quibble with the top of the list.....

I agree with you, Tabe........and......in my opinion, Burrow is in no way anywhere near being even the equal to Stafford right now.....Burrow is a good QB but he needs a few more years under his belt..........Young Burrow folded late in the second half in the SB........he couldn't handle the pressure........Aaron Donald was to intimadating for him.......Stafford played it cool like a veteran and won the come from behind game....no comparison between the two.....and.....Rodgers is #1.......If Green Bay had a better coaching staff that team would dominate...... But they don't have that.....Oh well......Advantage Rams....