Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Marriage and Anniversary Medals!

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 11, 2022 12:16AM in U.S. Coin Forum

How many people have marriage anniversary tokens? Anyone on the forum have any made? Post any you've seen or have here!

Just ran across this nice one from David and Pat Alexander, minted by Jesse Patrick of the Patrick Mint. Great photos by errors.mostly. I'm guessing this is David T. Alexander, President of the New York Numismatic Club.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 11, 2022 1:26AM

Here's one from their 25th Anniversary from WorthPoint.

I wonder where people go to get tokens like these made now that Jesse isn't running his mint any more. His prices seemed very attractive.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are pretty neat and I have not seen something like that before.! Thanks for posting.

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never thought of doing that, and our anniversary was yesterday. Might have to look into having one made... Must be some sources on the web.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

This is a cool idea. I have other Jess Patrick tokens, mostly dealer tokens, that I have picked up at shows over the years.

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Besides the 100's & 100's of European marriage medals there are also U.S. marriage tokens & medals going back well into the 19th Century and possibly earlier. There are many modern metal, plastic, elongateds, encased & other types that have been used to mark weddings & anniversaries.

Somewhere buried in the back room I have a small handful of David Alexander's original wedding tokens that I keep promising Dave that I will give to him as soon as they turn up (it's turning into a long term promise).

• Options
    edited July 11, 2022 3:46PM

Good to know they are so common @tokenpro!

Besides David Alexander, do you know anyone personally that had tokens made?

The closest I know personally is for Joe Rust's daughter's wedding. It's still not very close as while I purchased items from her, I don't know her very well, but I have chatted extensively with Joe's business partner and die engraver for the token, Ron Landis.

It would be cool to have tokens from forum members :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file