Home Sports Talk

What the hell happened to ESPN Sunday Night Baseball?

BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the Yankees are playing the Red Sox this week which naturally means Sunday Night Baseball. I tune in to watch my Yankees - a rare chance since I live in Maryland and I'm too cheap to buy MLB Extra Innings.
Basically the whole game is a 'show' with Michael Kay and Alex Rodriguez and a bunch of guests on screen the whole time with the video of the game in the background. They're talking about everything except the game. No play by play, just chatting with Billy Crystal, David Duchovny, etc. Even with the Yankees winning, I had to give up on that (poop) show.

Daniel

Comments

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    So the Yankees are playing the Red Sox this week which naturally means Sunday Night Baseball. I tune in to watch my Yankees - a rare chance since I live in Maryland and I'm too cheap to buy MLB Extra Innings.
    Basically the whole game is a 'show' with Michael Kay and Alex Rodriguez and a bunch of guests on screen the whole time with the video of the game in the background. They're talking about everything except the game. No play by play, just chatting with Billy Crystal, David Duchovny, etc. Even with the Yankees winning, I had to give up on that (poop) show.

That is on ESPN2. Regular play by play guys are on ESPN.

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:
    That is on ESPN2. Regular play by play guys are on ESPN.

OK, that makes more sense - it was really atrocious. Anyway, silver lining was that since it was so bad that I stopped watching, I didn't see the Yankees blow their lead and get pummeled :D

Daniel
  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

Kay ans Rodrigues are the reason I will not watch Sunday night baseball. They are a joke as announcers. If I am forced to watch because I can't get the game elsewhere I turn the sound OFF. All they want to do is pimp for the yankees.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was looking at it on a Fox channel.

It wasn’t much of a game after the first inning anyway.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    I was looking at it on a Fox channel.

It wasn’t much of a game after the first inning anyway.

The Fox telecasts are so much more enjoyable than ESPN. A whole lot less clutter and crawls on the bottom of the screen and more intelligent conversation. I like John Smoltz as a broadcaster.

Daniel