Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1962 red Lincoln memorial cent desired by many

ScorpioScorpio Posts: 14

I have listed a 1962 red almost perfect condition on eBay starting bid $1,000. It's one of I'm pretty sure very rare if not the only one that could possibly be graded at ms68 I'm sure everyone knows what the pcgs price guide has it listed as. Check it out if you don't already know. Anyway I being new decided since both parties are protected through eBay I would list it there and then come tell everyone. I hope you all will at least jus go view it I got some decent pictures of it posted. An I honestly don't even wanna have to part with it Im planning on leaving my collection to my 2grandsons. But times are hard and I am trying to make ends meet so if nothing else y'all go view it and you will be glad you did even if you don't bid on it. If you are like myself I enjoy jus seeing the ones that have never been recorded and believed to possibly not exist today. An I believe from all the conversation and video an fuzz over one of it's kind. You will enjoy the pictures of the coin. I have had it for round 25 years and no hands have touched it including myself in years until I got it out to take pics to post. Hope y'all will check it out. Ty for your time. Have a blessed day!
You can reach me at hootenricky06@gmail.com
Subject 62 cent

Comments

• Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭

Where is the link? Are you saying it is graded MS68 or you think it will grade MS68?

US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/ed

itor/nb/embkx2nd772e.jpg "")

• Options

• Options

• Options

I'm saying that I believe it's possible that it could be graded at Ms 68 sorry for not being clear on that bud. Here are pics of it. I have had it since I was 20 or 21.

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭

That isn’t a business strike.

Zircon Cases - Protect Your Vintage Slabs www.ZirconCases.com
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options

Is it not I said in my post on eBay in the specifics of it that it has a proof like strike. Out of the choices that is what I chose cuz I was not sure if it was maybe a proof or not for sure I'm still learning I have had a few old coins for many years but jus in the past 2 years after the births ok my grandsons decided to start researching and understanding the coin collecting for the 2 of them

• Options

You said “MS” not “PR”. That coin is a proof. Not proof-like, proof.

CN eBay

• Options

So does that make it of no value?

• Options

It is not valueless, but not worth $1,000 either. It’s worth about $1 retail.

CN eBay

• Options

Well I was not sure and everyone I showed it to and asked about it told me they were not sure which I could tell some of the guys in the coin shops knew more about it but they were trying to get me to sell it and I was just trying to gain knowledge of it so I should do what now because I feel like I have been misleading and I'm not that kind of person/man I assure you

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2022 4:13PM
    1. If you want MS68 money for a coin you must have it graded as MS68. In general, if you aren't extremely experienced with coins it will grade lower than you think.

2. That's a proof coin so it's supposed to be high grade. ;)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Scorpio Me thinks you might slow your roll and study up on this coin or any coin. Our host and other reference sites have already done the work. You need to gain knowledge in order to maximize your potential. IMO. Here's a link to get you going. Save it. Good luck. Peace Roy
    Lincolncentresource.com

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

You state it might be "MS68" yet it is clearly and unquestionably a proof and somehow you want us to believe that folks who run a coin shop might not know it was a common, one-dollar coin. You're either a troll or clueless with little else in between and I'll let you make the decision as to which.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two pics were all that was needed, not dozens.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    Two pics were all that was needed, not dozens.

bob

Two CLEAR IN FOCUS pics.

• Options

I apologize for the confusion I was giving the wrong impression un intentionally that this 62 was a business strike and in fact it was a 19621c rd cameo it was still worth a lil more than the starting bid I had presented but in any case I do deeply apologize for my lack of knowledge an thoroughly research and posting the coin wrong. It has sold already an I'm grateful I will be sure to be more confident in my knowledge of the coin I post an not make myself look like a dumbass 🤣 I hope you all forgive and show mercy for my lack of knowledge an ignorance today. Ty so much for your time and understanding have a blessed evening 🙏💯> @Namvet69 said:

@Scorpio Me thinks you might slow your roll and study up on this coin or any coin. Our host and other reference sites have already done the work. You need to gain knowledge in order to maximize your potential. IMO. Here's a link to get you going. Save it. Good luck. Peace Roy
    Lincolncentresource.com
    Ty friend an I promise you and everyone else that I was clearly an idiot because I am new but I honestly did believe I had wat I posted an Im sum dumb no doubt, but I'm not plumb dumb 😁 I have more sense than to come into a forum full of experts and collectors of many years and think I could ever fool anyone an further more I was raised much better than to do anyone wrong in any manner. I do extend my deepest apologies to everyone and I am going to post an apology again I did once apologize as soon as Calvin one of the members imediately commented that it was not a business strike and I do know the difference in the business and the proof strikes I jus wasn't clear on which one because I got it in sum change when I was round19 or 20. An I put it up. And in my eBay listing I did choose proof like assuming that there must be business struck coins that can have a proof like appearance because of that being a choice of strike. But all that that matters is I made a mistake and definitely a real dumbass outa myself and probably destroyed any possibility of creditability with anyone here in the forum and eBay customers that shop for coins. Hopefully not an I believe I will probably jus pause and do a lotta study and researching more 🤣.

I do begg of your mercy and forgiveness for my ignorance and looking as if I were coming to lie,cheat,or get over on anyone. That was never,has never, and will never even have thought
    Of being a person that does love like that ty again for your advice sincerely,

• Options

I have no shortage of 1962 proof pennies graded by pcgs I have the 68 rd cameo and it sure isn’t worth $1000 check them out 👉 https://ebay.us/arMrSk