Home U.S. Coin Forum

300 years of 'progress' in Massachusetts - post a colonial coin if you have one

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 6, 2022 7:54AM in U.S. Coin Forum

300 years of 'progress' in Massachusetts
You can see how much of current Boston was filled in ocean area.

post a colonial coin if you have one

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have any Colonial coins.... Always hoped to find one metal detecting - the area I live in was settled in the mid 1600's and continuously occupied through the years. No luck so far. Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

No colonial coins, but cool thread!

I do have a piece of colonial silver

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

William Hollingshead, Philadelphia, 1760-70:

• WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2022 10:29AM

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont have any. I think you should deduct 20 years or so from the 300. Massachusetts has been going wonky for about the last 20 years.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Probably more than 20 years @gumby1234 :)
    The changes on the map are from 1630 to 1930. So it deducts 92 years from today. :)

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston Well I was referring to Mass in general not to the map. Imagine if the Back bay sunk back into swampland LOL.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

I hear you @gumby1234

• RedSealsRedSeals Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful BST Transactions with: PerryHall, MrSlider, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Blu62vette, robkool, gowithmygut, coinlieutenant, Downtown1974, MilesWaits, Shrub68, justindan

• Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one belongs to my buddy but I recently had it sent in for grading for him.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

U got to dig deeper! 🤔

@ricko said:
    I do not have any Colonial coins.... Always hoped to find one metal detecting - the area I live in was settled in the mid 1600's and continuously occupied through the years. No luck so far. Cheers, RickO

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t have one myself but enjoyed seeing the coins above ☺️

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:
    With the exception of the front left, these sterling silver beer mugs, tankards, and canns are all pre-revolutionary war.

right front - John Payne, 1774
    right middle - James Stamp, 1774
    right back - Jacob Marsh, 1770
    left back - James Cramer, 1775
    left middle - Francis Spilsbury, 1740
    left front - James Phipps, 1793
    Center - Ephraim Brasher, 1770

Awesome!!!

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is one of my favorites, though it's technically the first "Federal" coin now according to PCGS :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss.... There it is.... right middle.... Just teasing me aren't you.... You know I want that one. ;):D Cheers, RickO

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Such historical coinage here! What an incredible thread!

• kazkaz Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file