Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

$50 Star note: w/6 bonuses! Plus, a consecutive star too.

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 29, 2022 12:47PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Hi guys,
Yes, I found this gem today. 6 good reasons to keep.
But should I?

Reasons,
1. Star note
2. Low serial number
3. Repeater
4. Trinary
5. Crisp condition
6. Only 640,000 printed!
Oh, and it's just
Beautiful too.
<3
So, what would you guys do? Keep or not?
Thanks

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

The serial number is not considered low. It’s not a Trinary and even if it was, so what. Repeaters use all 8 digits, same as Ladders.

It is a replacement (star) note, and it’s from a lowish print run, but unfortunately the centering is off.

• Options

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    The serial number is not considered low. It’s not a Trinary and even if it was, so what. Repeaters use all 8 digits, same as Ladders.

It is a replacement (star) note, and it’s from a lowish print run, but unfortunately the centering is off.

Thanks
    Your explanations made me decide!
    Lol
    ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2022 12:46PM

I also have a consecutive one as well!
    Worth keeping?
    Thanks

:*

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 877 ✭✭✭✭

For me the 248249 is cooler...

If you can afford to hold on to 100$ then put them in some sleeves and throw them in the safe.

I hold every star that has come through our dog treat business the last 3 years. Just stack them in the safe.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

I say keep em both. Being their crisp, flat, no folds or creases, clean corners. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too much money to tie up in what is likely to be a low demand/no demand item.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@291fifth said:
    Too much money to tie up in what is likely to be a low demand/no demand item.

I already put the 00248249* back in circulation.
    Kept the 00248248*. For now?
    :*