Home Precious Metals
Options

"Loss leader" promotion

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nationwide coin and bullion reserve is still running its loss leader promotion.

$1870 for a gold eagle and an MS70 Silver eagle, NGC slab delivered. Key code: IM-3013 8002034155.

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the catch is,...... ? Lots of phone calls?

----- kj
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:

And the opportunity to be up sold.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2022 1:53PM

@pmh1nic said:

@tincup said:

And the opportunity to be up sold.

That's true, if you have an alternate number or bogus one that's an option. You have to have a pretty thick hide these days with all the promotions and sales pressure.

I tried calling them up and since I had gotten the deal before, they said for established customers the eagle is not available at spot price with a cc delivered, surprise surprise. But is $2050 unless I wanted an engraver signed quarter ounce eagle, 2022 in an MS70 holder for $2000, then they would give me the loss leader.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tend to pass these specials up anyway.... Rarely are they a 'super' deal... Since I am happy with my stacks. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only one person taking the loss today @ $1870.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, to many calls wanting to sell more to you. Not for me and jmo

• Options

You'd have to have a second phone or way to block them. Cheap burner phone from Walmart, etc.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW ....

NCBR has a 'Do Not Call' list.
    (Terms & Conditions; Section = "11. FACTS, RISKS AND POLICIES THAT YOU, COLLECTORS AND PURCHASERS SHOULD KNOW:"; Sub-Section = "FOR YOUR PROTECTION."; Paragraph #2).

Additionally, you can:
    ~ manage your e-mail subscriptions;
    (Privacy Policy; "YOU MAY OPT-OUT, REMOVE OR MODIFY INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US")/
    (Terms & Conditions; "8. Electronic Communications"; Paragraph #3).

~ opt out of SMS alerts;
    (Terms & Conditions; "8. Electronic Communications"; Paragraph #2).

~ opt out of "direct mail (or marketing)";
    (Privacy Policy; "COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES"; Paragraph #3).

~ opt out of "targeted advertising" from AdRoll;
    (Privacy Policy; "COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES"; Last Paragraph).

~ opt out of your data being shared with 3rd party marketing partners for developing "profiles".
    (Privacy Policy; "HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION"; Paragraph #2)/
    (Terms & Conditions; "8. Electronic Communications"; Paragraph #4).

They even give you the option "to delete all of your online account information" from their database.
    (Privacy Policy, "YOU MAY OPT-OUT, REMOVE OR MODIFY INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US").

Disclaimer - I am in no way affiliated with NCBR.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 oz AGE still listed at about spot price but the "add to cart" and "buy now" buttons not activated.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    1 oz AGE still listed at about spot price but the "add to cart" and "buy now" buttons not activated.

Not sure if the order would actually process, but I was able to add this item to my cart at approximately 1:30AM (ET) on 07.04.22.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

You enter your contact information and they call you back for payment.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@derryb said:

Not sure if the order would actually process, but I was able to add this item to my cart at approximately 1:30AM (ET) on 07.04.22.

still unable to add to cart or "buy."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    still unable to add to cart or "buy."

And, as of approximately 11:30 AM (ET) on 07.04.22, I am still able to add this item to my cart.

Screenshot of carted item:

Screenshot of checkout screen:

I am NOT a computer person. As such, I cannot offer a potential explanation for our different experiences.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, lets me add to cart and "checkout." Of course the "checkout" states thank you for your order, someone will contact you shortly for your payment details. I'm guessing the initial call will be sorry we are all out of the $1805 gold eagles but we have these other fancy encapsulated ones for $2700. Sounds like a scam to me, Glad I gave them Joe the Plumbers contact info. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Yep, lets me add to cart and "checkout." Of course the "checkout" states thank you for your order, someone will contact you shortly for your payment details. I'm guessing the initial call will be sorry we are all out of the $1805 gold eagles but we have these other fancy encapsulated ones for $2700. Sounds like a scam to me, Glad I gave them Joe the Plumbers contact info. RGDS!

Thanks for doing this. I appreciate the 'sanity check' :)