Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1943-S quarter error....

It seems that this quarter error is particularly covered or was struck through cloth? I found a 4 on the back and the S mint mark, the coin is only 6.05grams as well. Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

PMD and pareidolia. ;)

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    PMD and pareidolia. ;)

Because it bear repeating.

If you zoom in closer, you will find the entire alphabet, roman numerals, and the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

• Options
    SlickCoinsSlickCoins Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing but for us to really give you our opinions, we need to see whole coin both sides :)

• Options

Not worth the hassle to take the pics just to have a bunch of snarky comments lol but I appreciate the input

• Options
    edited June 23, 2022 6:51PM

Yeah, that's why it's best to stay within their books and not post the weird stuff like me,,,I should l know but since I'm already in that boat and there's no life raft,,,,I wear my vest like a badge of honor.
    PS yeah the comments get worse,,, I've learned in this field saying you are seeing these things and posting them,, kinda opens the door.
    I'm still grateful you shared :) even if I don't see them,,,,I started in the same boat.
    Thanks,,, oh and just my opinion

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

While they may seem snarky, they are sincere. It is paredoilia. I have a coin that I went crazy over 30 years ago that I felt so sure it had an extra arrow and found that it was not, just my imagination and what metal stress can provide along with toning, pmd and wear. Good luck and don't be thin skinned, this is a good forum and has many, many members who will go out of their way to help you. Welcome to the forum. If you wish you can research posts regarding pareidolia and maybe see what many others saw in their coins. Again, please be patient and learn.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    justmenutty72justmenutty72 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

If you knew the minting process you would realize that such an error would be ridiculous. You’ll be wasting your time looking for errors without the proper knowledge. There are plenty of resources available to school yourself with (books, internet). You have all you need right at your fingertips. Learn how to walk before you try running. I’m not trying to be a smart-a$$. I’m just getting to the point. 🫡👍

• Options
    edited June 23, 2022 7:32PM

Yes Rogers book will teach you the only way,, for if it's not in Rogers books then it's impossible,,,, his words not mine.
    To me there's more than one author in the field and you've gotta make sense of it all.
    Thou when I said to stay within their ,,,I meant "his" books.
    Also Roger is super duper smart and is at the top of his game and he is a good guy.

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nate5510 said:
    Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance.!

@Nate5510 said:
    Not worth the hassle to take the pics just to have a bunch of snarky comments lol but I appreciate the input

How appreciative.

• Options
    edited June 23, 2022 7:47PM

Oh come on you guys & gals,,, I'm sure there's a better way to tell people they are seeing things,,, non smarty pants way I mean.
    JMO and I'm sure people will respond 10xs better.
    Also they don't know they've opened a door 🚪

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    PMD and pareidolia. ;)
    And there looks like a preponderance of dirt/grime/schmutz on the coin as well. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@IkesT said:

@Nate5510 said:

@Nate5510 said:

How appreciative.

What's wrong with just being cordial, and not a sarcastic ass like too many coin collectors I've had the "pleasure" of talking to.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nate5510 said:

@IkesT said:

@Nate5510 said:

@Nate5510 said:

How appreciative.

What's wrong with just being cordial, and not a sarcastic ass like too many coin collectors I've had the "pleasure" of talking to.

If you had lurked here before you became a member, you would know that sarcasm is common practice with most here. Just take it in stride, read between the lines and you'll get the answer you're looking for. Don't take the comments as being directed at you. We see a lot of this stuff here and there are a lot of posts with basically the same questions that get the same answers. As I stated, don't take things personally and know you are getting actual answers to your question.

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nate5510 said:

@IkesT said:

@Nate5510 said:

@Nate5510 said:

How appreciative.

Good question.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file