“Received order” Silver rounds from Walmart?
I would like some opinions on what I find to be very interesting.
An acquaintance keeps telling me he buys his buffalo silver rounds on Walmart. Walmart? The rounds are shipped from apmex and are slightly above $500- per tube (approximately $25- ea.). Note, price is the same if paid by cc and free shipping.
He showed me a roll which I conducted diagnostics (weight, magnet, sigma)and they passed as silver. Only thing I didn’t like was they were very shiny unlike normal generic silver rounds.
This price is lower than all on-line big boys (even apmex where these rounds are coming from) and close to some wholesalers.
Am I missing something here?
I ended up buying a couple of tubes to start.
Description from website:
The 1 oz Silver Buffalo Round pays tribute to America’s native tribes and the majestic once endangered buffalo. James Earle Fraser’s design for the 1913 Buffalo Nickel has inspired both images featured on this round. Mintmark and designs may vary.
- Photos in this listing may or may not be stock photos. The photos are meant to be an indication of the product you will receive.
- Round Highlights: Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual rounds come in protective packaging.
- Multiples of 20 come in plastic tubes and boxes contain multiples of 500.
- The design of these rounds is based on the original coin issued by the US Mint.
- These rounds carry no actual face value.
- Obverse: Depicts a Native American with the motto "LIBERTY" on top right.
- Reverse: Black Diamond an American bison (buffalo) atop a mound of dirt.