Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2022 National

Comments

• Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Is BBCE so big now that they don't even need to be mentioned on the dealer list? Or are they using some sort of secret identity? https://nsccshow.com/assets/admin/pdf/1655145626DealerList6-13-22.pdf

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

@1all said:
    Is BBCE so big now that they don't even need to be mentioned on the dealer list? Or are they using some sort of secret identity? https://nsccshow.com/assets/admin/pdf/1655145626DealerList6-13-22.pdf

They are in the corporate area and are considered such so they aren't listed like Topps, Panini, etc.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

If you see Robert Levine at the show, give me a hell yeah !!!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

@cpamike said:
    I'm sure I'll bump into you Nick. See you soon!

No doubt about it Mike, looking forward to it. Do you know if Tim or Doug are going to be there?

Looking forward to meeting you, Nick!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Pics of BBCE booth, por favor.

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

@rcmb3220 said:

• Options

• Options

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

BBCE proves that pre-1973 hockey wax is drier than a desert

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2022 12:23PM

Why isn’t there a series designated on the 1971 OPC? I thought it was issued in at least two series based on some backs being green. Not in attendance this year so keep the pics coming - living vicariously through folks here this year.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2022 12:31PM

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

The next time someone is by BBCE, I would appreciate a closer pic of the 84 and 85 OPC boxes on the bottom row.

• Options

What series is the 1960 baseball. Sexy

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you! Any 77 or 78 BB wax trays? If so, what’s the price?

• Options

BBCE is by far the place to see. In my opinion if you are into modern , the National is the place to be. Vintage , unless you’re looking for mid grade stars, not so much

• Options

Grote
    Great 70 rack

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Picked up a couple of cool 78 racks from the BBCE booth, which is the base station for us unopened collectors. I also got a couple of PC items wrapped, too, including a 1974 tray and a 1970 5th series rack with Gibson on back. A plastic piece is now inserted into the opening on the edge of the rack holder prior to wrapping to prevent bowing and it is a terrific improvement. It was great to meet Steve and Rick and the rest of the BBCE gang. Service there is always top notch and their booth was the highlight of the show to me.

~

hey grote15,
    Awesome racks...pretty cool that you were able to meet the BBCE guys... :)

• Options

@rcmb3220 said:
    Thank you! Any 77 or 78 BB wax trays? If so, what’s the price?

Steve had one 78 baseball tray at $700. A 77 baseball tray sold for $1900 at another booth.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@TsavoriteSam said:
    Grote
    Great 70 rack

Thanks!

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:

@grote15 said:
    Picked up a couple of cool 78 racks from the BBCE booth, which is the base station for us unopened collectors. I also got a couple of PC items wrapped, too, including a 1974 tray and a 1970 5th series rack with Gibson on back. A plastic piece is now inserted into the opening on the edge of the rack holder prior to wrapping to prevent bowing and it is a terrific improvement. It was great to meet Steve and Rick and the rest of the BBCE gang. Service there is always top notch and their booth was the highlight of the show to me.

~

hey grote15,
    Awesome racks...pretty cool that you were able to meet the BBCE guys... :)

Thanks, Brian! It was a very enjoyable experience all around. BBCE is top notch and represent the hobby very well! Steve was there working and wrapping product throughout the show.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed a few things on the BBCE website I'd been eyeing to buy were all gone this week. Now I know why. They're all at the National for someone else to buy. :'(

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

@coinspacks said:

@rcmb3220 said:

Dayum !

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2022 4:38PM

Crazy to think 100 years from now those high end cases will only be full of 1990s product.

• Options
    edited July 29, 2022 10:43AM

What the price of the 1965,1961 and 1954 Hockey packs?

• Options
    edited July 29, 2022 12:12PM

‘86 fleer at $150k a box. Wowzers.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like this Sports Card Investor guy just spent $100K on a MJ Star #101 PSA 8 at the National then posted a video about it. This pic below came from a youtube video screen grab so its pretty bad quality. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij2Rx-8D1Co

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see ‘86 Fleers dropping and the Stars being the more valuable Jordan rookie. Don’t have $100K to back that up though and if I did would put it into vintage baseball since that is my wheelhouse.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just came across a video of BBCE at the 2011 National. They were talking about how a guy turned $14 into a $9,000 return when he sold Steve his '86 Fleer BKB wax box. The guy is probably kicking himself now. Though Steve did mention in the video that the owner did have more boxes.

There was a dealer at the 2021 show that had cases and cases of modern. Many were priced in the 5 to 6 figure range. It was crowded at his booth. Are they there this year? I don't remember the dealer name. They had a huge booth. It would be interesting to see how their activity is with modern showing some softness.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's going to affect values of all of the 86/87 Fleer rookies who have 83-85 Star rooks when psa opens up grading for more Star issues. Nique, Ewing, Drexler, Worthy, Barkley etc.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2022 5:51AM

BBCE National booth is a must see! Hope to stop by in Chicago next year.

Great pickups, Tim. Your collection and unopened knowledge is impressive.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Does BBCE negotiate or are their prices firm?

• Options

@ElvisP said:

not sure at the National...Always experienced great success in his store... :)

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:

@ElvisP said:

not sure at the National...Always experienced great success in his store... :)

Steve used to cut this group discounts when we bought in bulk for group rips. Not sure what they do at the National though.

• Options

@KendallCat said:
    Service at BBCE is top notch and always has been. I have called in the past and Steve will pick up the phone and handle things directly - can’t beat their service. Dropped this one off this am and already had it back after lunch. Also, love the new holders!

hey KendallCat,
    Awesome BBCE wax tray.... :)
    Yeah I totally agree with you about Steve and his staff -- There service & kindness is Perfect!... :)

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

84 star Jordan in a PSA 8 is now going for 100 grand? :o

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

I just watch Jabs he brought a 52 mantle for $40k psa1 dude must have a great job.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kobefan1 said:
    I just watch Jabs he brought a 52 mantle for $40k psa1 dude must have a great job.

Here it is for those wanting to check it out. (Scroll to 20:53 if you want to skip over everything else)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Vkeab5eFA

• Options

@coolstanley said:

I believe that was the first documented sale of the card in PSA 8. None graded higher.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mcadams said:

@coolstanley said:

I believe that was the first documented sale of the card in PSA 8. None graded higher.

Didnt PSA used to grade these before they stopped?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

That SOB Jabs (using SOB in nice way like George Costanza used it) did well !!! Way to go. Oh hell yeah !!! I have to admit it really is nice eye appeal.

• Options

Did any of the higher end unopened sell at the show?

• Options

@handyman said:

Yes, 73 Topps baseball all series wax box, 75 baseball regular-sized wax box at BBCE booth and many packs. Vintage unopened sales were strong, not too sure about 80s stuff, though.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@handyman said:

Yes, 73 Topps baseball all series wax box, 75 baseball regular-sized wax box at BBCE booth and many packs. Vintage unopened sales were strong, not too sure about 80s stuff, though.

I take it the 1960 and 1968 wax boxes didn't sell? I saw the '68 box at last year's National. I think it was priced at $95k then.

• Options

Surprised the 1986 fleer didn’t sell with all the Jordan hype right now

• Options

One of the 1965 hky wax packs sold too

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:

@grote15 said:

@handyman said:

I take it the 1960 and 1968 wax boxes didn't sell? I saw the '68 box at last year's National. I think it was priced at $95k then.

When I went by there this am they were still there.