Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Aaron Judge Fans - Let’s See Some Cards!

I didn’t touch modern until 2017, when my little ones, wife and me went bonkers over yanks and that magical season.

Opened a boatload of packs. But for some reason always drawn to the Topps Chrome Freshman Flash.

Here are a few of my faves!

Anyone have any insight into what a /1 printing plate auto might fetch in the current market?

John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too

Comments

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

Those are incredible. The Archives Peach and Red are so condition sensitive. Nice job there. Wish I bought some more while he was affordable in preseason.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

• Options

Love the cards guys. Some truly incredible examples.

23&24

Feels like 2017. My kids going nuts every at bat. Love it.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

heres one pulled from blaster box

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used to love Judge and had a huge collection. Didn't like how he handled himself in an interview once though and sold all but 2 cards.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options

Wow Matt, that’s sad to hear. If you don’t mind could you elaborate whether that sell call was driven my an observation of his personality/character or indicator of his future ability to produce on the field? Or something entirely different?

I recall you had a few incredible pieces in your collection.

John

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a personal/character issue. Basically identical to Gerrit Cole's failure (in that Spider Tack press conference) to give a straight answer to a straight question. I try to limit my following of active athletes to their on field performance and how they play the game, but I made the mistake of raising my expectations for Judge. So when he equivocated and dissembled instead of answering a question directly, it just turned me off and I couldn't get behind him like I was before that moment. That said, I have to objectively admit he is following a great 2021 with a special 2022. So I tip my cap to the athletic performance.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

All Rise

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

My boys and I are full on fanatics, just like I was for Winfield as a boy their age. I don’t want to tarnish their view in any way with some of Judge’s recent missteps. But let’s just say he isn’t the same person character wise as I had initially believed. So I can respect your point of view here.

That said, I sure as heck don’t want to miss many his at bats this season.

John

@DM23HOF said:

It was a personal/character issue. Basically identical to Gerrit Cole's failure (in that Spider Tack press conference) to give a straight answer to a straight question. I try to limit my following of active athletes to their on field performance and how they play the game, but I made the mistake of raising my expectations for Judge. So when he equivocated and dissembled instead of answering a question directly, it just turned me off and I couldn't get behind him like I was before that moment. That said, I have to objectively admit he is following a great 2021 with a special 2022. So I tip my cap to the athletic performance.

• Options

Love the variety 1951 and everyone else. Really incredible.

• Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options

• Options

• Options

I’m such a big fan of the Rookie Debut card, in general. Wish it got more love.

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

@yankeesman said:
    I opened a ton of wax that year as well. Here's a few I've got in the PC.

Surprised they didn’t include the Artist Proof on the flip as a variation.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

SGC 10 Golden Sombrero.....

• Options

I love the heritage variation and the 2017 Archives Fan Fave 83T is just gorgeous. I picked one up early in season raw and love it next to my base white raw auto.

I don’t have a lot of stuff unfortunately, but will get the stash together for a pic.

I did keep a few 2017 hobby boxes unopened as well - TC, BC, Archives, Heritage. Also kept a bunch of coasters of archives and heritage. I opened about 100 of those blasters combined.

John

• Options
    edited June 24, 2022 7:07AM

@NJ80sBBC ...The Yanks are having such a sick season..... everything they were lacking the last 2-3 years they are this year..... hitting up and down the lineup.... Judge could have an earth shattering year all said and done.

• Options

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

@mcadams said:

Surprised they didn’t include the Artist Proof on the flip as a variation.

>
    >
    Yep that's a mislabel that should get a free CRC fix done

• Options

Scoobs - good god your collection is the best I have ever seen. We (my kids and me) watch every game thinking we are going to win. A massive shift from my boyhood years of 83-89.

Need to appreciate how special this season is for us Judge and Yanks fans. Even with tonight’s loss to the dreaded Astros.

If Altuve had character he would bring the 2017 MVP trophy with him to the stadium and give it to its rightful owner.

John

• Options
    edited June 29, 2022 12:06PM

I think Aaron Judge is one of the most undervalued stars in the game..... the "biggest star" in MLB IMO......so many young collectors and investors look at stats as a barometer for collectability and/or investability.... Some athletes transcend stats.... Judge is one of them... he is King Kong in Gotham. Bo Jackson never accomplished anything of substance stat wise in either the NFL or MLB but he is a superstar nonetheless..... Judge's injuries were a dream come true for his value ~so many consider him a flawed giant~ which is great for us fans ... Prudent collectors can find a ton of value in many of his cheaper offerings like this 2015 Bowman Draft issue /150..... numbered is certainly preferential. This one is a pop. 4~ I believe.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I quit buying new releases in 2018. I loved the 2017 stuff with Judge and Bellinger. This was the only one of his that I ever got. I would certainly consider adding more of his cards to my collection in the future! Nice stuff everyone!

• Options

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:

great card!

• Options

Pop. 39

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

ROY....

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

• Options
    edited August 9, 2022 9:54AM

pop. 67

• Options
    edited August 13, 2022 2:37PM
  • Options

Some of the scarcest most condition sensitive Archives cards on the Aaron Judge Rookie card checklist for your reference:

• Options

Fantastic cards guys.
    Scoob, you have, by far, the most impressive Judge collection that I have ever seen. I’m not really a modern guy, but just WOW.

I probably only have a couple that you don’t have. I was a big fan of the 2017 Topps Chrome Freshman Flash card. So I picked up a few autos at some point. I got a 1/1 Printing Plate auto back in 2019. Along with an /25.

• Options