Home Precious Metals
Options

Colorized 1oz American Silver Eagles (for sale/trade)

CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any interest in these? I picked these up as part of a larger deal and would like to get cash or trade for 90% junk silver(or CAC approved Liberty Seated Dollars). Im open to offers or trade proposals. And I have more then what Is in these pics if you are interested in more. I have a ton of references from this forum and have bought and sold tons of Seated Liberty Dollars on the BST section. If interested send me a PM and Im pretty sure we can work out a trade/deal. I will only accept a check and have no interest in using PayPal,Zelle or any other electronic form of payment.

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2022 6:08AM

You'll have better luck In the buy, sell & trade (bst) forums, best wishes

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    You'll have better luck In the best forums, best wishes

By "best forums", I assume you meant the BST forum and I agree.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple of the colorized ASE's... Gifts from my Mom (she was not a coin collector, but thought they would be valuable). Would never sell them... I would also not buy one on my own. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@johnny9434 said:
    You'll have better luck In the best forums, best wishes

By "best forums", I assume you meant the BST forum and I agree.

My bad and yes that is what I said. Wlll fix ir

• Options

Thanks for the responses guys. Based on a couple of PMs I received so far I’m going to hold off on the sale of these for now. Thanks again

• Options
    doubleeagle07doubleeagle07 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I have a couple of the colorized ASE's... Gifts from my Mom (she was not a coin collector, but thought they would be valuable). Would never sell them... I would also not buy one on my own. ;) Cheers, RickO

Haha, same but I got mine from my dad :)

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might get a little interest if you list a price. Also, BST is where you will get more traffic and is the right place to post this .

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@JWP - Thanks… I actually sold these at Long Beach this weekend. For those that are interested the dealer paid $5.20 over spot for them.

• Options

sounds like you did good.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crusty said:
    @JWP - Thanks… I actually sold these at Long Beach this weekend. For those that are interested the dealer paid $5.20 over spot for them.

Great to see real life examples of premium actually paid rather.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@Crusty said:

A dealer paid a 25% premium and will probably double that when they sell to their customer. Not sure how you think this bolsters your argument that advertised premiums are not indicative of actual transactions

• Options

Colorized eagles are a harder sell which doesn’t help. Silver has been dropping like a rock which didn’t help. $5.20 was the best I could find at the show for these. There were dealers that didn’t even want to make an offer on them. I took what I could get because I had a large Liberty seated dollar deal that I needed cash for. I made out just fine and I am happy. Yes I could have gotten more but that would have required the hassle of time listing them on eBay, shipping them out, potentially dealing with returns amongst other crap. This was quick and easy.

• Options

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@Crusty said:

A dealer paid a 25% premium and will probably double that when they sell to their customer. Not sure how you think this bolsters your argument that advertised premiums are not indicative of actual transactions

Not many know how I think. Gives me the advantage. :)

This was an actual transaction. Not sure how you think it isnt.

• Options

@Crusty said:
    There were dealers that didn’t even want to make an offer on them.

Wow....not even a market for them.

• Options

@cohodk said:

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@Crusty said:

Not many know how I think. Gives me the advantage. :)

This was an actual transaction. Not sure how you think it isnt.

IT is a wholesale transaction - not retail. The discussion of premiums has used retail offerings

• Options

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@Crusty said:

You sound like a prosecuting attorney because you don't like what he posted. It also sounds like you're trying to take over another person's post. If you have a problem with another member why don't you send him a PM.

• Options

@JWP said:

You sound like a prosecuting attorney because you don't like what he posted. It also sounds like you're trying to take over another person's post. If you have a problem with another member why don't you send him a PM.

I'll take your post under advisement

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Colorized eagles are not hard to sell. A 20 second dip in a small bowl of acetone and they are the same BU M70 Eagles every other Joe Blow loves to overpay for. THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

For what it’s worth I would have just held it but when choice SLDs come available you need to pounce!