Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My PCGS submission went from grading to received

Pcgs received my submission on 03/10/2022 and it went to the grading state after about 3 months. Now it’s back to the “received” stage. Has that happened to anyone before?

Comments

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

It just happened to me also and the website was extremely slow this morning. I'm betting they are having some sort of system/technical issues.

• Options

Sucks

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, happened to me, too. Today.
    Originally received on March 3rd, in grading since March 8, now back to Received today. Clearly a system wide problem.

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. I was in encapsulation, now back to received.

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    Rob9874Rob9874 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Same here.

• Options

Now mine has disappeared completely!! Earlier it had regressed to "Received", but now it shows that I have no orders in process anywhere... :o

• Options

If I go to My Account, and click on "Orders", my submission shows up with the last known status of "Grading". It must be something with the Account page script/code not pulling the info from the correct place.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday was a holiday. The computer took the day off too.

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    Maybe eventually your coins will turn back into planchets. :o

Or maybe back to ore in the mines.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    kuwegg57kuwegg57 Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

Worst yet, all of our submissions will restart to day 0.

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Server issues. My main order page says mine are all in Grading. Clicking on one will either go to an individual order page showing Received status, refresh the main order page, or deliver an Oops error page.

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Same here, they are on top of it, yeah right, my express croosover received on 4/25 still not graded
    Yet my 3 congrats sets they received on the same day I received back 10 days ago. Got to love it. Obviously their system is screwed up

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2022 6:51PM

My 3 currently in grading/encapsulation and my 3 other (already delivered) recent submissions vaporized just a few minutes ago.
    I feel strangely calm about it though lol.
    Clearly...there are issues happening.

EDITED: And they're back.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

EDITED: And they're back.

Yes, orders have been back a few times today and then disappear again. Getting the "You have no recent orders in our system. Start a submission and check back to see your order's progress."

Not sure what's happening there. Add that to the lengthy estimated wait times. Exhausting.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep calm collectors.... This is obviously a system glitch, no coins will be harmed in the interim. ;) When it is fixed, you may even see some grades :o:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Keep calm collectors.... This is obviously a system glitch, no coins will be harmed in the interim. ;) When it is fixed, you may even see some grades :o:D Cheers, RickO

Mine is completely missing (was in encapsulate phase). I'm going with system issues as well. I'm sure it will be fine shortly.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Six of my nine orders that were received by PCGS on 2-22-2022, 2-25-2022 and 3-8-2022 have moved from grading back to received. The other three orders have been completed and returned to me.

I am hoping that these six orders will be completed and returned to me by mid July.

I am also hoping that Trueview photos of the coins in the nine orders will be posted and available by 12-25-2022 B)

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:

I am also hoping that Trueview photos of the coins in the nine orders will be posted and available by 12-25-2022 B)

Pay the photography staff per image they process, and not by the hour :)<3B)>:)

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my orders just switched to "Quality Check" and I was excited to see the grades... The coins went backwards to "Received" status lol.

Strange things are afoot at the TPG :wink:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a good time to send in my next order. And to think I had been putting it off because the turnaround times have been slow.

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    Saul Goodman….

All I could think of too

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like someone needed better turnaround statistics. Change all the orders to received and, VOILA! Delays, what delays?

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Surprise. My 1/2 and 1/4 golds have shipped, happily both 70,yet my croosover that they received 8 days b4 hasn't. Plus, the system still screwed up, no communication from them is what gets me. Any day now.....

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2022 10:23PM

What's worse is today I got the email that my grades are available, but I can't see them. When I click on the link for the order, it just redirects to the page with the list of all orders. The suspense is killing me! You mean I have to wait for the shipment to arrive?

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the glitch was fixed, at least for me - my (4/18) submissions went back to "grading" from "received". They have been in "grading" since 4/24.

• Options

Mine is fixed, too. My 3/3 submission is back in Grading status. Tomorrow will be three months exactly since it was received... :/

• Options
    kruegerkrueger Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

My perception is based on my experience is:
    First "received" notice is they logged it in house to be graded. There it gets labeled " Grading" but on the shelf waiting.
    Then after many months ( 3 1/2 +) of waiting to be graded you are lucky to get into the off the shelf . " Recieved" line
    Which is the real grading line and it gets labeled " Grading" again ,but at least your off the shelf!
    Next you wait some more indeterminate time. Wake me up when it's over!
    Rip Van Winkel--

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Correct me if I'm wrong. Collectors Club Annual Membership countdown to renewal subtracts weekends, holidays, every day of the year. It would be consistent if your membership counted down only regular "working business days" to renewal, similar to grading times which only include "working business days."

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

@younique said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Collectors Club Annual Membership countdown to renewal subtracts weekends, holidays, every day of the year. It would be consistent if your membership counted down only regular "working business days" to renewal, similar to grading times which only include "working business days."

Wasnt sure what you meant when you added "every day of the year"?
    But anyway, the renewal countdown is just number of calendar days. ex, my renewal is 2/9 and says 232 days to expiration as of this post.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Excuse me, are you the end of this line? Not anymore you're not"

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file