Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone ever see this Sticker before?

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's on the back of a 2008-09 circa pre-prong NGC slab.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. But I really don't know anything about it.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I have not encountered that one.... I wonder if that was like an NGC TruView program. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

no

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

nope, never seen it

• Options

Saling price

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never saw that one. Fairly old slab. I wonder if it was during the start of their Photo Proof service.

At any rate, the sticker has got to be rare, so I'm sure it's worth a fortune. Who cares what the coin is, right?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Link just takes me to their home page. Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    Never saw that one. Fairly old slab. I wonder if it was during the start of their Photo Proof service.

At any rate, the sticker has got to be rare, so I'm sure it's worth a fortune. Who cares what the coin is, right?

Hmmm.... Are you saying I should I buy it just for the sticker? ;):D

They had no photo service back then and this coin is a major widget, so not something they just did for rarities.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:

@messydesk said:

Hmmm.... Are you saying I should I buy it just for the sticker? ;):D

They had no photo service back then and this coin is a major widget, so not something they just did for rarities.

The photo vision/photo proof service began in June 2018, but I do not recall when NGC started to take the low res photos of the coin/slab which are available when you do a cert search. Perhaps this sticker was advertising that low res photo service?

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

NGC is now doing true-view quality images on their ancients... They are pretty good quality!

• Options
    Stingray63Stingray63 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

This is the first time I recall seeing it and have a bunch of NGC coins. Maybe I have but I don't think so.

Pocket Change Inspector

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file