Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1869 SC$ HK-12A that my sister in law sent to Stacks for auction.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

I started a thread on this so called dollar a few months ago. My sister in law owns the coin and decided to send it to Stacks for auction. Stacks sent it to PCGS and it graded SP64 which I believe is the highest graded one at either PCGS or NGC. From what I understand it will hit the auction block in July. PCGS true view is below. Enjoy.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a huge toning guy but that is pretty spectacular, especially the reverse, it looks like a sunrise over the mountain. Good luck in the auction, I've got to think there will be many bidders.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tarnish aside, that SCD has great detail and deserving of the grade. Beautiful artwork. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW that looks stunning. Not sure what those are worth, but I am sure its out of my price range.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    jughead1893jughead1893 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s awesome.How did she acquire it ?

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it - a lot! Heritage sold one graded SP61 last year for $3,360, so this one could very well be in the $5K - $10K range.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2022 1:38PM

Wow! Makes me want to start a new area of collecting! “Every Mountain Shall Be Made Low” is from Luke 3:5 and Isaiah 40:4 meaning when the Messiah comes everything will be smoothed out. Good stuff.

• Options
    conrad99conrad99 Posts: 345 ✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2022 2:33PM

@ricko said:
    Tarnish aside, that SCD has great detail and deserving of the grade. Beautiful artwork. Cheers, RickO

I actually like this remark because toning is no more or less than a variety of tarnish. Sometimes we forget.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file