Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bingham Commems for sale @ GC

Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this was posted previously, but there are some absolutely gorgeous coins here! I really enjoyed looking at the images of many of these.

In total, what a collection! Can @ianrussell , @Justacommeman, @AuroraBorealis or others speak about the collection or the collector? It seems like the best (toned) commem collection you could have?

https://www.greatcollections.com/Collections/749/The-Gregg-Bingham-Collection-of-Silver-Commemoratives/listing

My current "Box of 20"

Comments

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are absolutely spectacular. What a collection!

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's ex NFL football player Gregg Bingham. He's @monsterman on these boards. He ran into some serious health issues years ago and it appears he hasn't been active on the forum since 2014. But yes, they are absolutely some killer toned commems!

• Options
    ToreyTorey Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the link.

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gregg's eye for gorgeous commems is pretty obvious when you consider the amazing coins he has owned through the years.

Another opportunity to buy so many beautiful coins like this may never present itself again.

And although we have different politics, the man is a mensch and a truly passionate collector.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Columbian half at PR68 is really nice.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bidding on this set will separate the real numismatists from the bean crew! >:)

I bet many of the later are looking at these going...

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the name of his set on the Set Registry?

• Options
    mtn_scoutmtn_scout Posts: 98 ✭✭✭

I don't know the name but it's the first or second ranked registry set on NGC. He's commented on a good many coins so it's a great read.

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mtn_scout said:
    I don't know the name but it's the first or second ranked registry set on NGC. He's commented on a good many coins so it's a great read.

Thank you! #2 set
    *****Bingham`s Star * Coins******

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file