Home U.S. Coin Forum

What's she worth fellas? 1960-D Large Date

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.

Tagged:

Answers

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

One cent. Why would an ultra common coin like that be worth any more?

All glory is fleeting.
  • jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

As one troll to another, you're really starting to make yourself ridiculous.
    For which I applaud you 👏

• jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

@SpecGotCoins did you expect a different answer? What made you think that it was even worth asking the question?

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

I offer you one quatloo. Check is in the mail. Wait by mailbox.

Have a nice day
  • bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    Someone isn't learning anything on this forum!!!

His feelings got hurt so he's just acting out.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

For Lincoln collectors this might be worth something if it is a nice high grade example. In circulated condition, like yours, maybe a nickel?
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sigh.

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2022 2:10PM

Buy this book and study it before posting. You should be able to tell if a coin is common or not.

You're giving the impression that your just posting any shiny or old coin and expecting the members to do the work for you. That will get you on a lot of ignore lists (if you aren't so already)

Remember, read and study.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SpecGotCoins said:
    What's she worth fellas? 1960-D Large Date

Is this a trick question?

You better study that book @Oldhoopster is talking about, there's going to be a test!!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SpecGotCoins .... Even if it were a special cent... You could already get estimated values from completed auctions, grey sheet. As it is, it is a cent. Cheers, RickO

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    Someone isn't learning anything on this forum!!!

Some people have no interest in learning, or even in coins at all - they are only interested in easy money, with the emphasis on easy.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

2.8 cents.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• stevefromnestevefromne Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

Six pictures of this uber common issue, mintage : 1,580,884,000

Why do bother posting this garbage ?

• stevefromnestevefromne Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

Why do you bother posting this garbage ?

• SpecGotCoinsSpecGotCoins Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hope you all have a great day. ❤️

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

Photo troll wasting valuable pixels once again. Steps on the wrong end of the rake over and over and expects sympathy and praise each time.

@jmlanzaf I'm sincere. I'm not a bad person. I still have studying to do but I don't have much time. I promise I'm not trolling. Also I'm new to collecting but I actually love it. When I get a roll of pennies from a bank and I'm actually all excited and can't wait to get home, bustem open and look at them. I really do wish y'all the best.

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

I was going to say about 2.5 Cents because it's made out of actual copper and reflects a 250% premium over face value... ie... spend it or fill a hole in an album with it.

@SpecGotCoins ... after you finish with this current semester, you should consider cracking open a copy of The Redbook and ANA Grading Standards if you're going to get serious about numismatics. I think some that have been on this Forum for a long time get a little perturbed by new members asking the same questions over and over again when the answers are easily gotten by starting from those two books. Then, if you have a question seeking clarification from those references, it will likely lead to a more stimulating discussion... and not devolve into Internet drama...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading a RED BOOK clearly requires some concentration and does not stimulate the senses like playing on the internet.

I don't hold out much hope.

Have a nice day

@SpecGotCoins said:
    @jmlanzaf I'm sincere. I'm not a bad person. I still have studying to do but I don't have much time. I promise I'm not trolling. Also I'm new to collecting but I actually love it. When I get a roll of pennies from a bank and I'm actually all excited and can't wait to get home, bustem open and look at them. I really do wish y'all the best.

I didn't think you were trolling. I did feel that you were mad at us...or some of us

@jmlanzaf not mad at, hurt more than anything

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

@SpecGotCoins said:
    @jmlanzaf not mad at, hurt more than anything

Some here are rather crusty. They sometimes (often?) Reflexively respond like the crusty old men they are. It's not personal. Unfortunately you can't easily teach the old dogs new tricks. Best to ignore them.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say that coin is worth a pretty penny. Large dates use more copper than small dates, so there is more copper value in the large date coin. Congratulations!!

@JeffM said:
    I'd say that coin is worth a pretty penny. Large dates use more copper than small dates, so there is more copper value in the large date coin. Congratulations!!

Huh?

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

No, it's the same amount of copper, just moved around differently.

But I get your message. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file