Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

"Crinkled Flip"

thatguy822thatguy822 Posts: 17

I have two older PSA slabbed cards (1957 & 1970) that have a "crimpled flip". Seems to me that PSA should reholder this for free or for a discounted cost,--is that the case?

I can see how they wouldn't do so on cases that have scratches or have an outdated flip.... But in this case, these seem to me an issue that the owner did not cause/create. Anyone have experience with PSA on this issue and if they will not charge to reholder them?

(Note: I have attached an example of the '70 Card I am referring too....)

Comments

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen this many times before.
    You will have to give them a call.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was common from 2012-2014 or so. Nearly all the cards I submitted during that period have this issue. Cert numbers 19****** to around 23******.

• thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

OMG...this is epitomizing a problem that doesn't exist..REALLY!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I’m not sure it’s worth the risk to have them reholder at the moment. Many complaints of cards coming back damaged, possibly during reholdering.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thatguy822 said:

I have two older PSA slabbed cards (1957 & 1970) that have a "crimpled flip". Seems to me that PSA should reholder this for free or for a discounted cost,--is that the case?

I can see how they wouldn't do so on cases that have scratches or have an outdated flip.... But in this case, these seem to me an issue that the owner did not cause/create. Anyone have experience with PSA on this issue and if they will not charge to reholder them?

(Note: I have attached an example of the '70 Card I am referring too....)

Put in a bowl of rice.

Should fix it.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

They’re not going to reholder that on their dime.

• detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a potential side effect of some of those medicines you see advertised on TV:

"Side effects include drowsiness, dizziness, poor gas mileage, diaherra, swelling of the ears, and crinkled flip".