Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Kennedy Registry not listing all coins in the set

Recently I noticed Kennedy Half Dollars Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1964-Present) is not listing all the coins that are in the set you try to view a set. Now all my circ strikes for 2005 - 2010 are no longer listed, only the Satin coins for these years are listed. Did they change the make up of this set or did something get messed up? I sent a message to PCGS asking about it. Any body else having this issue?

Comments

• Options
    JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Kennedy Half Dollars have more than 2 Dozen Sets...some are relatively new within the last 6 months

Be sure You're not looking at a Variety Set or another Set with a similar name than has been recently expanded to include/exclude the 1964 SMS

Missing/added words can lead You to the wrong Set

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smalltime said:
    Recently I noticed Kennedy Half Dollars Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1964-Present) is not listing all the coins that are in the set you try to view a set. Now all my circ strikes for 2005 - 2010 are no longer listed, only the Satin coins for these years are listed. Did they change the make up of this set or did something get messed up? I sent a message to PCGS asking about it. Any body else having this issue?

The basic circulation set only allows one P and D mint marked coin under the date slot.
    In the 2005 - 2010 coins, you have the option to place a Business Strike (MS) coin or the Satin finish (SP) coin into the slot. Most of us choose the SP Satin Finish coins as they have a higher grade than most of the Business Strikes.
    Hope this helps.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    smalltimesmalltime Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

I guess at some time or another I changed all my MS coins 2005-2010 to SP coins. I sure don't remember doing that. I guess it got my attention when my 2008P MS68 (value $1350) was not in the list for this set.

• Options

@smalltime said:
    I guess at some time or another I changed all my MS coins 2005-2010 to SP coins. I sure don't remember doing that. I guess it got my attention when my 2008P MS68 (value $1350) was not in the list for this set.

A really nice grade on the ‘08 P.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    edited May 19, 2022 2:24PM

I tried to view your set, but I could not find it.
    What is your current ranking?
    Mine are at #6 and #12 at this time.
    Wayne
    Edited to add my set 1 set ranking of #6.

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    smalltimesmalltime Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

All my sets named "luvmyredc3". Currently #9 in KENNEDY HALF DOLLARS BASIC SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (1964-PRESENT)