Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What grade would this be in?

1988-D 1C FS-901 RD

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically AU or UNC but with that many plating blisters, the grade is "spender"

• Options
    SpecGotCoinsSpecGotCoins Posts: 213 ✭✭

@jmlanzaf this one?

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• Options

Here, I'll answer for you. MS68

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• Options

How about this one?

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you ask?
    You don't like the answers you receive.
    Just send your coins in for grading.

• Options

Are you the industrial zapper 😁

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• Options
    edited May 11, 2022 4:14AM

@SpecGotCoins said:
    Here, I'll answer for you. MS68

Again, not the same coin.

I'm not sure what your game isl. Respectfully, osting two different coins that aren't alike doesn't really prove anything.

The MS68 Coin is far superior to yours in terms of its preservation and strike. It didn't grade MS68 because of the blisters.

You are free to submit any coin you wish and then post the results. We will gladly celebrate your coin making it into a 68 holder. But, in all my years here, that almost never happens. The folks here aren't perfect but they are collectively correct more than they are wrong.

Good luck. I'm out.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

They make good pocket change.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing there worth grading. Strictly spending money.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

Far superior? Respectfully, I think mine looks just as good. If I do get it graded and it's as good or better, I won't say a word as I don't want to bruise egos. ❤️

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SpecGotCoins said:
    Far superior? Respectfully, I think mine looks just as good. If I do get it graded and it's as good or better, I won't say a word as I don't want to bruise egos. ❤️

If you submit it and it is what we say it is, you certainly won't tell us because you'll be angry and embarrassed.

And, if it does turn out to be what you thought it was, you won't tell us because you "don't want to bruise egos".

So, the bottom line is that you won't tell us. So all of this is just a waste of everyone's time.

• Options

Well tell me why it's superior. Teach me oh wise coin lookers

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. That said, when someone won't learn to fish, the best advice we can give is to eat something else.

• Options
    edited May 12, 2022 6:42PM

@SpecGotCoins said:
    Well tell me why it's superior. Teach me oh wise coin lookers

Strike Is better. Luster is better. And you have high point wear that the 68 does nor.

My offer stands. If you're so sure and not just trolling. Send it in and you get bragging rights and money in your pocket. But, of course, you ignored my offer and we all know what that means.

• Options

@jmlanzaf thanks man. I may have it graded. Idk how that works. Never sent a coin in before. A couple times I was gonna find out how but got distracted. Lots on my plate right now.

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• Options
    Stingray63Stingray63 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2022 4:23PM

@SpecGotCoins
    Let me add my two cents and pun intended. I did send pennies in for grading once and it was my first time. I didn't do it with PCGS went with one of the less appreciated TPGs due to it being the first try, lower cost and knowing my coins weren't spectacular. Also because I went in on the deal with someone I know who just the same was doing it for the first time. We had some low-mid grade Flying Eagles, a Capped Bust dime, some large cents, and a 3Cent Silver. We needed a specific minimum for the deal and I broke open a 1972 proof set and a 1971 Unc set for two pennies. The proof I was convinced would get 67 at a minimum and the Unc I thought 65 at worst but probably higher and up to 67. It was a learning experience because the proof came back 65 and the Unc 65. Both were not worth the cost but definitely the education.
    When these collectors above give their feedback it's because they know from experience and they are very helpful. I'm grateful for the insight I receive in this forum. Don't take it personally but learn from this forum.

Pocket Change Inspector

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

With that amount of glare I don't think we can tell you anything about your coin

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but your images are horrible for grading. I wouldn't even take a guess.
    Try better images and start over?
    bob :)
    Here is an image I could work with: (the coin is on ebay, not mine, and has a BIN of $2.29)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@Stingray63 well said. Thank you

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

• Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Honestly, your pic makes me think AU58, that 88-D looks like it has seen light circulation. Not my series, but I have seen a lot of coins. The advice you get here is usually spot on. No one is perfect, however.

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file