Home Metal Detecting

Why—Metal Detecting Question 😊

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you like to find a coin like this when detecting?

Comments

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

With another coin.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why ? To put it in the tumbler :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where there is one coin there will be two and sometimes more

• CascadecoinsCascadecoins Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

@pocketpiececommems said:

Where there is one coin there will be two and sometimes more

Nice find! Are you planning on cleaning them up? If so, do you mind sharing your process?

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're probably clad, so soapy water and a brush so you can spend them. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rock Tumbler with sand, water and dish soap for 3-4 hours. Drain in a strainer and dry on a strainer board. Take to the bank and run through their machine. No % like coinstar.

• CascadecoinsCascadecoins Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

@Namvet69 thank you for the insight. It’s very helpful.
    @pocketpiececommems thats great! Are you just using beach sand or a finer grit to knock the environmental grime off?
    I just ordered my kids some detectors, and we’re looking forward to treasure hunting.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pocketpiececommems... Nice finds... I guess no silver though.... A cartridge cleaning device (for brass cartridges to reload) is a great tool for cleaning them up, and not as messy. Cheers, RickO

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭✭

I once found 3 Washies in a single hole while detecting with LordMarcovan. They were 1975's about 6 or 7 inches deep.

imageimage

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

More importantly, you got to remove the items in the top 4" to get to the deeper targets masked by all the common trash. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spenders, they pay for batteries :/
    any your time out exercising.

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GaCoinGuy said:
    I once found 3 Washies in a single hole while detecting with LordMarcovan. They were 1975's about 6 or 7 inches deep.

Still in the mint sets?

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭✭

@rte592 said:

@GaCoinGuy said:

Still in the mint sets?

I wish...... :D

imageimage