Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The ole "switcheroo".

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 30, 2022 10:20AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
For those who remember when I captured all those silver Washington Quarters in the bank rolls, not too long ago.
Well, that same bank has gotten stingy on giving out
the quarter rolls now. Even though, these are all my friends and have been so kind to me. They have received on a couple occasions, boxes of donuts from me.
They're only doing their jobs, I know.
So anyway, about the switcheroo. Since, they have put a 3 roll limit. I decided to try a maneuver they call, the ole switcheroo. I brought 15 quarter rolls from my newly acquired quarter bank box (from a different bank) and kindly asked if they would " switch" my 15 rolls with their 15 rolls (hopefully, still containing the silver babies) ? They happily obliged!
Here is part of the 15 roll transaction. Thanks :)

The Ole Switcheroo

Will the honey hole, continue?

I'll keep ya guys posted in the 15 roll results, later.
If interested?
Thanks

In case anyone wondering if I may have given away a good roll or two?
No, I did examine (the ends) the 15 rolls before giving them away. ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Hi guys,
    For those who remember when I captured all those silver Washington Quarters in the bank rolls, not too long ago.
    Well, that same bank has gotten stingy on giving out
    the quarter rolls now. Even though, these are all my friends and have been so kind to me. They have received on a couple occasions, boxes of donuts from me.
    They're only doing their jobs, I know.
    So anyway, about the switcheroo. Since, they have put a 3 roll limit. I decided to try a maneuver they call, the ole switcheroo. I brought 15 quarter rolls from my newly acquired quarter bank box (from a different bank) and kindly asked if they would " switch" my 15 rolls with their 15 rolls (hopefully, still containing the silver babies) ? They happily obliged!
    Here is part of the 15 roll transaction. Thanks :)

The Ole Switcheroo

Will the honey hole, continue?

I'll keep ya guys posted in the 15 roll results, later.
    If interested?
    Thanks

In case anyone wondering if I may have given away a good roll or two?
    No, I did examine (the ends) the 15 rolls before giving them away. ;)

My bank would likely unwrap and count each roll that they got from you in trade.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins ....I think they are pulling the ole switcheroo on you!

Looks to me like they are giving you the quarters you already looked through 🤣😂

I am confused as to why you would trade white wraps for customer wrapped rolls🤔

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

The customer wrapped rolls are the ones where he found multiple 90% silver quarters at that same bank; that is why he is doing the trade.

• Options
    edited April 30, 2022 11:09AM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Yeah bud, just as U1chicago, had just posted. Thx U1. lol.
    Last week I found a collection dump with many, many old silver Washington quarters. In one roll, there were 10, yes 10, in one roll. Then, I went back to get some more. Then, I found another roll with 5 silvers in one roll! Along with many more.
    Hoping this trip will also provide close to the same gems?
    Thanks guys

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep at it buddy as long as you’re having fun.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭

So you walked out with 18? I would trade the 15 and then ask for the 3 limit in addition. Although I would understand not pressing the issue since you don't want to get them in trouble.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the 'switcheroo' Joey.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

I use to search brand new bank rolls for repeatable errors. That is where the money is.

I never searched for silver in customer rolls as as time is money.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins

Well.....that's a horse of a different color then isn't it?🤣😂

Good job Joey! 🤞

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    I never searched for silver in customer rolls as as time is money.

Yeah, in the past, I too, would really NEVER choose customer wrapped over bank wrapped.
    However, in this case, someone apparently dropped off either their old collection, in which I doubt, because all these Quarters are in real bad condition.
    Or just desperate for cash?
    This is probably the only bank I would get customer wrapped.

• Options

Just went through all 15 rolls...

I think I have the wrong bank I got all those silver Quarters from?
    ;)
    Thanks.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

hmmmm, I wonder what was in those unopened rolls ? >:)

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    hmmmm, I wonder what was in those unopened rolls ? >:)

Yeah, maybe 10 silver Washingtons in one roll?
    :D

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of the "change store" skit on Saturday Night Live. People brought money in to change it. They would get 100 pennies for a dollar or ten ones for a ten-dollar bill etc. When the reporter asked them how they made money the SNL player replied "Volume"! Classic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file