Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

$1 1795 This is a poor one

lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

As in PO01.
Not my thing but I want it. Clean unmarred look.
This is in a lowball set named Lance. (anyone here?)
Early dollar people - I know there are limited major varieties of these, but what gives this away as a 1795 2 Leaves (B-1, BB-21) as graded?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like about the only thing that might be discernable on the reverse!

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. That one is neat, and I am impressed (if not also surprised) that PCGS was able to slab it.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s an awesome dollar!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the King of the Early Dollars😎

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is neat that PCGS could ID it as a 1795.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

A question for pros in this series. Do not mean to hijack the OP's post, but found this in regards to this coin.
    I notice that in CoinFacts it shows the following difference in 2 leaves and 3 leaves. I notice how far away the cherry is in the 2 leaves from the leaves compared to the 3 leaves cherry being closer.
    Then ebay offers a 1794 2 leaves that has the cherry close like the 3 leaves. What is up with that, does the cherry vary with different varieties of the 2 leaf? PCGS calls this a 39986 which shows the berry to be away from the leaves yet the one on ebay shows it to be close. Is this an NGC error or a variety not labeled correctly?
    Thank you,
    Jim

eBay item number:115341550501

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken you are posting about a flowing hair half dollar, whereas @lilolme posted about a flowing hair dollar.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mint got their money’s worth out of that one. Just a cool coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file