Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Variety I finally found!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 1, 2022 7:08PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hey guys,
Yes, while asking for any dollar rolls. They told me they only had 100 loose ones!
I took em. Here they are.

Well, I finally hunted down this gem.
In great condition as well!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats!
    For us non-modern/variety/error guys…what am I looking at?

• Options

Ok Shaun,
    Here ya go, bud.

Two Spears.

I can't believe I hunted this one down.
    Nice premium too. Esp in high grades.
    Thanks

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show me a dealer who will pay a premium for something like that.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your Speared Eagle. Getting it graded ??

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting find... I have two unopened rolls of them that I got when first issued. I should check them sometime. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should grade at least ms64 from the pictures, and is worth getting graded

• Options
    edited April 29, 2022 9:13AM

@Onastone said:
    Congrats on your Speared Eagle. Getting it graded ??

Thanks

Wow, nice high grade, dude!
    That darn coin looks amazing in our host's plastic.
    Congratulations
    ;)
    <3
    Oh, and to answer your question.
    Yes!

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice find

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Wow, nice high grade, dude!

I wish it were mine...I just posted one I saw online to help others see clearly the type of coin you had. I'm with Ricko on this, got a bunch of 2000's I need to check now for stray spears!

You're the one to congratulate, these are hard to find!

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t know those existed…. I got some 2001 dollars in a us mint 2000 roll, I ordered them from the mint. Wild times!

I think I have a small bag of 2000 dollars laying around, I’ll have to see what I can come up with.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very well done my coin brother

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for enlightening me!
    You’ve always got a great eye.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good find, yes, die variety rather than error.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cmerlo1 said:

@291fifth said:

Walk into your average coin shop with a variety like this and most of the time the dealer will either refuse to buy it

With my limited experience, I believe most coin dealers don't know, understand or care about errors or varieties.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@ricko said:
    Interesting find... I have two unopened rolls of them that I got when first issued. I should check them sometime. Cheers, RickO

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

Great find Joey! Amazing they are still out there but they are.

This image is from my CPG.

• Options

This is on NGC's Variety Plus page. Plus their pop report.

• Options

Plus PCGS

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that coin!!

• Options

And ANACS's pop report.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2022 6:51PM

Nice find! Looks like some minor wear on the breast feathers. Maybe AU55-58 if it straight grades. I don't know many who would make a decent offer unless it was attributed properly. May not be worth submitting after the fees.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the find!

• Options
    edited May 1, 2022 1:45PM

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Wow Onastone, a MS67 went for $800, sweeeeet.

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@cmerlo1 said:

@291fifth said:

Walk into your average coin shop with a variety like this and most of the time the dealer will either refuse to buy it

With my limited experience, I believe most coin dealers don't know, understand or care about errors or varieties.

Yes, and this can work to your advantage as they will often sell such coins cheaply because they bought them as part of a larger collection, either to be rid of them or they simply don't know how to price them.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options

@cmerlo1 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@cmerlo1 said:

@291fifth said:

Yes, and this can work to your advantage as they will often sell such coins cheaply because they bought them as part of a larger collection, either to be rid of them or they simply don't know how to price them.

Agreed! Nothing like cherrpicking coins at a coin shop! 😂 🤣

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic find.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the thread started out as "An error" but you changed "error" to "variety" which is technically correct, but you left the "an". :*

• Options

@JBK said:
    I think the thread started out as "An error" but you changed "error" to "variety" which is technically correct, but you left the "an". :*

:D
    Thx

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file