Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fresh, Dollar Rolls!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
Boy 'o boy, look what I ran into now! "Fresh" right from the Mint. In the wild from 15 yrs. ago!
5 of the popular Presidential Dollar Rolls.
Too bad the Washington D roll, wasn't the P, instead. Looking for the elusive "Elongated Ray" for the Washington P mint.
Anyway, what do you guys think I should do with these? Save, sell or Open, to search for the BEST ones?
Thanks

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2022 12:30PM

Open and look for, hang on, I think , missing edge lettering Not sure if a/b orientation is a thing with the edge lettering ( just learned about that. Seems there’s a right side up deal, involving edge lettering). Enjoy. 😉🙀🦫

The boys are laughing at me. “ You got a way with words”. Sorry about my less than professional description. 🤨

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually found a dollar or two with slipped/skipped/compressed edge lettering. So, even if it's there you might want to spin it around to make sure it's complete.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep intact and flip for a quick profit if you can.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

If there's a profit let me know! I'm sitting on tons of this kind of stuff.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I had the time and patience to do CRH. I bet there are fun items to find but it’s a lot of work and time I don’t have right now. But during this time of high prices it’s an alluring idea.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not heard of a lot of premium rich prezzie bucks... so maybe selling them as unopened rolls would bring a profit. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

Cool find. Maybe trade for a Washington P roll?

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

Let us know if you find anyone offering more than face value. Thanks. (I'm about to take 20 rolls like those to the bank.)

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you'll find an sba dollar in there somewhere... :grin:

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since your searching dollar rolls, digest most of this website if you haven't already.

http://www.smalldollars.com

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Hi guys,
    Boy 'o boy, look what I ran into now! "Fresh" right from the Mint. In the wild from 15 yrs. ago!
    5 of the popular Presidential Dollar Rolls.
    Too bad the Washington D roll, wasn't the P, instead. Looking for the elusive "Elongated Ray" for the Washington P mint.
    Anyway, what do you guys think I should do with these? Save, sell or Open, to search for the BEST ones?
    Thanks

So, Joey, what did you decide to do with these?
    Find any varieties? Spend em? Find a buyer? Take them back to the bank? :)

• Options

@rip_f said:
    So, Joey, what did you decide to do with these?

Yep, nothing found significant, thanks. ;)
    Just opened then tossed back into the bank's coin machine.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

That Washington roll are the ones you want!

This is ICG's pop report:

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

I had the "D" roll of Washington's?
    Not the "P".
    :*

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    I had the "D" roll of Washington's?
    Not the "P".
    :*

You're right, it's gotta be P's not D's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file