Home Precious Metals

On the Bright Side of a positive Outlook

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

Gold has busted into the $1800's!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

prices didnt go down tho :#

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A temporary thing.... Earnings week is on us.... might have something to do with that... people moving funds. Cheers, RickO

• pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another opportunity to buy.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

The point being, it's a volatile market where gold and silver are nothing more than commodities. They may rise, incredibly quickly to new heights but they fall just as fast.
    Does anybody ever get the feelin that the US Government kinda controls the silver market?
    I mean, prices seem to rise when the US Mint issues a new Silver Eagle and then taper off.
    Just looks suspicious to me as I've been watching prices nearly daily since 2012.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

@19Lyds said:
    I mean, prices seem to rise when the US Mint issues a new Silver Eagle and then taper off.
    Just looks suspicious to me as I've been watching prices nearly daily since 2012.

Maybe because demand is highest when a new product first rolls out. Everyone has to get the most recent date for their collection. Then once the buying frenzy abates prices drop back down.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2022 5:44AM

@19Lyds said:

The fear of supply issues (and higher prices) initially drives demand. Experienced collectors realize that in most cases new mint product prices come down.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe because demand is highest when a new product first rolls out. Everyone has to get the most recent date for their collection. Then once the buying frenzy abates prices drop back down.

True enough.

This is generally the case with new issues, especially when flippers are crowding out some collector issues. Lately, if you want a 70 for a collection, you are gambling with poor odds if you buy directly from the Mint, and yet they sell out fast. OTOH, you are paying excruciatingly high premiums if you buy a "70" from a dealer.

All the more reason to buy bullion instead of special issue collector coins. I don't know if Mint releases actually affect the bullion market pricing, even in the short term.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@derryb said:

@19Lyds said:

The fear of supply issues (and higher prices) initially drives demand. Experienced collectors realize that in most cases new mint product prices come down.

You can't be serious. I've tracked Silver for 10 years and that simply is not the case IMO.

The name is LEE!

@jmski52 said:

True enough.

This is generally the case with new issues, especially when flippers are crowding out some collector issues. Lately, if you want a 70 for a collection, you are gambling with poor odds if you buy directly from the Mint, and yet they sell out fast. OTOH, you are paying excruciatingly high premiums if you buy a "70" from a dealer.

All the more reason to buy bullion instead of special issue collector coins. I don't know if Mint releases actually affect the bullion market pricing, even in the short term.

I gave up on the 70 search a long time ago once I realized that 70 is more or less an award instead of an actual grade.

The name is LEE!
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@19Lyds said:

And the price hikes correlate with the hyperbole of the issue. So, if that's not manipulation of the metal , it's manipulation of the mental.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@cohodk said:

@19Lyds said:

And the price hikes correlate with the hyperbole of the issue. So, if that's not manipulation of the metal , it's manipulation of the mental.

Quite the paradox.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone anxiously waiting to buy the new ase design at a huge premium isnt too bright. ;)

A series that goes unchanged 30 years then gets a facelift? its a dead coin walking not a sign of rebirth.