Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Normal.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like your other coin, too much magnification makes it easy to see things that do not exist.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    arby96arby96 Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    Just like your other coin, too much magnification makes it easy to see things that do not exist.

When one can see it through a 10X Power the Microscope brings out what is on the coin better. Coinbuf, Just like your other comment it comes across Rude. Please feel free not to comment on my posts. You may be the nicest person, yet you come across as a jerk.

• Options

Thank you, Its nice to find someone helpful. Unlike others on this site.

• Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@arby96 said:

@coinbuf said:

When one can see it through a 10X Power the Microscope brings out what is on the coin better. Coinbuf, Just like your other comment it comes across Rude. Please feel free not to comment on my posts. You may be the nicest person, yet you come across as a jerk.

Mmmm... No, I'm with @coinbuf on this one. Your original pictures show nothing remotely like a RPM. If you think otherwise then you are confused, and straightforward answers may be the best (only) way to get that across.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    No none exist

The fact it's not on the list may be a strike against it but it's not proof that none exist. At some point in time, none of the coins in the posted list were on it.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2022 4:54PM

@arby96 said:

@coinbuf said:

@coinbuf 's comment was not rude, and it was very insightful.

I'll add my own take on the subject ...

If you want to use extreme magnification to confirm a known variety, that might be one thing. But to use a microscope to go on a fishing expedition (if that's what you were doing) is usually a waste of time.

BTW, you don't get to decide who does or does not comment, but you can put up to five people on your Ignore list and then you won't see their posts.

P.S. - at least you are bringing very good pictures to the table, which makes assessments infinitely easier.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    No none exist

The fact it's not on the list may be a strike against it but it's not proof that none exist. At some point in time, none of the coins in the posted list were on it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding new discoveries. Based on the photos provided (no obvious RPM visible) and the reference list I felt safe enough saying none exist.
    Once the mint stopped hand punching mint marks, RPMs became exceedingly rare and or improbable.

• Options

I see you have received the right info already! If it is RPM’s you are seeking I suggest buying some old Wheat backs by the pound. They can get very interesting

• Options

@JBK said:

@arby96 said:

@coinbuf said:

If you want to use extreme magnification to confirm a known variety, that might be one thing. But to use a microscope to go on a fishing expedition (if that's what you were doing) is usually a waste of time.

BTW, you don't get to decide who does or does not comment, but you can put up to five people on your Ignore list and then you won't see their posts.

P.S. - at least you are bringing very good pictures to the table, which makes assessments infinitely easier.

You are no different than coinfuf, Rude, you assume a microscope is used to go on a fishing expedition, that maybe something you are guilty of, others use them to get a better understanding of what is out there, to see if they can spot coins they are interested in saving. When one has a question they come to sites like this to ask questions and hopefully gain a better knowledge of the hobby. To test themselves to see if they are seeing what they should be Then there is individual like you who find it necessary to make snide comments. "If that is what you are doing" By they way I do get to decide, at least 5 times per your advice. Who knew I would have two so quickly.

• Options

@Little2NoCents said:
    I see you have received the right info already! If it is RPM’s you are seeking I suggest buying some old Wheat backs by the pound. They can get very interesting

Thank you, I have thousands of coins to search through, Been using a 10X got too old for that now using these digital microscopes. Only "they" who ever they are can use a digital Microscope everyone else must be using it for a fishing expedition. I put these individuals in the catagory of COIN SNOBS!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2022 1:08AM

@arby96 said:

@JBK said:

@arby96 said:

@coinbuf said:

You are no different than coinfuf, Rude, you assume a microscope is used to go on a fishing expedition, that maybe something you are guilty of, others use them to get a better understanding of what is out there, to see if they can spot coins they are interested in saving. When one has a question they come to sites like this to ask questions and hopefully gain a better knowledge of the hobby. To test themselves to see if they are seeing what they should be Then there is individual like you who find it necessary to make snide comments. "If that is what you are doing" By they way I do get to decide, at least 5 times per your advice. Who knew I would have two so quickly.

People have taken the time to give you their feedback and their opinions. No one attacked you. But you take it as personal criticism and you attack them. :#

And I had added "if that is what you are doing" after my comment about using a microscope to go on a fishing expedition so as not to appear to be necessarily suggesting that is what you were doing, but you took offense anyway. I guess reading comprehension is another thing that isn't your strong point. :wink:

But, if you've figured out how to use the Ignore button you won't see any of this, which is just as well. :D

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@arby96 ... Your picture indicates die erosion, not an RPM. Very good pictures. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@JBK said:

@arby96 said:

@JBK said:

@arby96 said:

@coinbuf said:

People have taken the time to give you their feedback and their opinions. No one attacked you. But you take it as personal criticism and you attack them. :#

And I had added "if that is what you are doing" after my comment about using a microscope to go on a fishing expedition so as not to appear to be necessarily suggesting that is what you were doing, but you took offense anyway. I guess reading comprehension is another thing that isn't your strong point. :wink:

But, if you've figured out how to use the Ignore button you won't see any of this, which is just as well. :D

Making assumptions is not giving feedback. and again you go with another rude comment. Comprehension is another thing that isn't your strong point. Wink! Really? Maybe one needs more education on what it means to give constructive feedback. One should read their comments before posting. Maybe if one did they would understand maybe that isn't the best way to state something. That is a very good practice both of you need to use. I never run from bullies, they just contine to show their true colors. I will get back to those that are willing to assist others without being Snobs!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file