Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

You have to buy one~Which RC are you buying ~Manny Machado OR Nolan Arenado? both IS NOT an option.

ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gratzi..... feel free to comment on why....

You have to buy one~Which RC are you buying ~Manny Machado OR Nolan Arenado? both IS NOT an option.

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Arenado

Both are great long-term hold players with Hall of Fame career projections. I'd go with Arenado slightly ahead of Machado at this point. Arenado's accumulation of gold gloves (9 straight) gives him an achievement that sets him apart. He has 6 all stars, 4 silver slugger, 5 times in the top 8 of the MVP race are career achievements that already would make him a potential HoFer and he is only 31.

Machado's career offensive numbers are slightly ahead of Arenado's yet he is two years younger. He has 3 top 5 MVP finishes as well as a 5 time all-star but only 1 silver slugger and 2 golden gloves. When you compare him to Arenado at this point you can clearly see Arenado is ahead.

The big question is whether Machado takes that huge leap up many superstars do between the age of 28-33 and puts up MVP type numbers for the next 4 to 5 years. That could easily alter this conversation and lead to Manny being the obvious choice in the poll.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arenado

Not even close.

Schmidt said NA could become the greatest all time if he stays healthy.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arenado

Nolan. Much more likable player with similar talents and abilities.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
    Machado

I'd go Manny. Partly because I have been a Baltimore fan my whole life. Its an interesting comp. Both very strong with defensive accomplishments. Think both could end up being short on what is usually the magic number for HOF, if you have no baggage, of 3000 hits or 500 HRs. Many has some baggage and the career isnt over. Can see both as 425 to 475 HR guys, maybe 2,500 to 2,750 hit guys. But that and defense probably gets them in. Especially if Rolen gets in. Maybe not first ballot. I think I lean Manny just a little cause players who play at any point in Colorado dont get much credit. It does not have the stigma of someone who got the #s on PEDs, yet these days some of those guys get in too if they are popular enough, but #s earned in Colorado do seem to be discounted heavily. His first season out of Colorado Nolan hit .250. Manny did as well going to SD after hitter friendly Baltimore. But just think Colorado is seen differently. Now Nolan is 31 so even if he could have done very well at 27 28 29 in a different ballpark, he is going to be in St. Louis for what is usually less productive years. Typically dropoff could occur as soon as next year. So it might just have a look. #s in COL compared to #s in St. Louis. The Cards years should look worse cause he is older but it could be seen more like he was not that great of a hitter once he left Colorado. So Manny but not by a wide margin.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arenado

i have both rookies but i would choose arenado since i am a cardinal fan.