Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I forgot about these coins! How about GTG?

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 23, 2022 2:42PM in U.S. Coin Forum

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

F/VF and XF. Exceptional in many ways, congratulations on your keen collector's eye, carefully selecting such unique specimens to showcase these Washington quarters so other collectors in clubs, shows and shops can appreciate them as much as you no doubt do.

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

F12
    VF20
    XF40

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o That first quarter has experienced more life in 22 years than the others in 53 and 58 years. And those 22 years have not been kind... Lots of bad road and nasty weather. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

This reminds me of what the painter Eric Sloane said once whom I met; that he paints based on a memory of a landscape he saw maybe as a child, years ago, with a particular setting of light, sky and landscape. So maybe certain coins really "speak" to people based on what they emblemize, which may be head scratchers for other collectors, contrary to what Roger Burdette once said. Specific money values are not the only reason people get coins certified.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    F/VF and XF. Exceptional in many ways, congratulations on your keen collector's eye, carefully selecting such unique specimens to showcase these Washington quarters so other collectors in clubs, shows and shops can appreciate them as much as you no doubt do.

Ok, what is the inside story here - if there is one, it is going way over my head :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file