Home U.S. Coin Forum

Unknown stamp on a 1988 $100 bill

I have an 1988 100 in uncirculated condition but in the back top left corner it is stamped CBO from what I researched it stands for Congressional Budgeting Office anyone know of these


  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Try the currency forum, you'll have better luck there

  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2022 2:05AM

    Wherever you post it, you'll need photos.

    If it is small it is likely a merchant or money changer's stamp, indicating their check for authenticity.

  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

    CBO could stand for anything.

  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @yomommaAho ... Welcome aboard. This is the coin forum, try the currency forum. Come back if you also collect coins. Cheers, RickO

  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Just a damaged note. Value is $100. Who knows what the "CBO" stands for ... or cares?

    All glory is fleeting.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 44,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Once a note leaves the BEP, anyone can stamp or write anything they want on the note. Usually, it is considered to be damage. Bills with the autographs of famous people can add value to the note and are quite collectable.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file