Home Sports Talk
Options

2022 NFL Draft discussion thread

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2022 NFL Draft is approaching very quickly, what would you like to see from your team?

Comments

• Options

I just want my team to go after a quarterback, please, for the love of god, just draft a dang quarterback!

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

"F them picks!" -- Les Snead. Seriously though, I hope the Rams can find a few mid rounders to help the team replace some of the folks who walked

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I just want my team to go after a quarterback, please, for the love of god, just draft a dang quarterback!

James DiGiacomo

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t even know where to begin with the Pats.

This draft might be pretty boring actually

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

DD, do you think that this and all subsequent questions you have pertaining to the upcoming NFL season should be moved to the pinned thread at top? ....j/k

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I don’t even know where to begin with the Pats.

This draft might be pretty boring actually

Potentially boring, hopefully team-cha going (in a good way).

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

From a Pats draft standpoint I'm kind of torn on this upcoming draft. I'm really hoping to see BB draft a talented wideout on day 1 or 2 but at the same time Bill's history drafting WRs(outside of Edelman/Branch) has been pretty awful. With NE holding the 21st pick I'd honestly prefer to see them trade back a couple times if possible to end up in the 33-38 range while adding some more picks in rounds 2-4.
    This team isn't just a few players away from contending so I'd rather see Bill take as many shots as possible to add depth throughout their roster. Keep turning over their roster then next offseason they should be able to spend some serious cap space.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    From a Pats draft standpoint I'm kind of torn on this upcoming draft. I'm really hoping to see BB draft a talented wideout on day 1 or 2 but at the same time Bill's history drafting WRs(outside of Edelman/Branch) has been pretty awful. With NE holding the 21st pick I'd honestly prefer to see them trade back a couple times if possible to end up in the 33-38 range while adding some more picks in rounds 2-4.
    This team isn't just a few players away from contending so I'd rather see Bill take as many shots as possible to add depth throughout their roster. Keep turning over their roster then next offseason they should be able to spend some serious cap space.

Whatever he does this draft, I just want to have another successful draft. I feel as though last year's was. Probably too early to cement that in stone. We need to start drafting more players that stick around and contribute.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Whatever he does this draft, I just want to have another successful draft. I feel as though last year's was. Probably too early to cement that in stone. We need to start drafting more players that stick around and contribute.

I think his last couple drafts have been pretty good with Mac,Barmore & Stevenson last year and Dugger,Uche & Onwenu the season before. IMO, three starting level type players in one draft is pretty good. Like I said above,we're not a few players away from contending so I'd rather just see BB accumulate some extra picks to try to hit on.

• Options
    edited April 14, 2022 2:55PM

@thisistheshow said:

DD, do you think that this and all subsequent questions you have pertaining to the upcoming NFL season should be moved to the pinned thread at top? ....j/k

Thank you for the concern, but I'm probably going to reserve that thread for taking out my frustrations - Chef Emeril, and most importantly, my smashed dreams.

• Options

Being a Panthers fan is a nightmare, it's a sick joke. Let's take a stroll down memory lane shall we....

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bills might hit on one or two choices. Hard to find NFL starters drafting in the 30’s with a roster that’s pretty much set. Hopefully a few special teamers and a sleeper.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I think his last couple drafts have been pretty good with Mac,Barmore & Stevenson last year and Dugger,Uche & Onwenu the season before. IMO, three starting level type players in one draft is pretty good. Like I said above,we're not a few players away from contending so I'd rather just see BB accumulate some extra picks to try to hit on.

You're right. Last two have been better. If I remember correctly 2019 was not. I think I'm general his drafting has not been great. We've had to make up for it looking for free agents at a bargain. Belichick isn't one to give guys a second contract needlessly. But we've had a lot of higher picks who don't deserve on. Just my opinion. But last two years much better. Last year was great.

• Options

The draft is here, and I'm so mad right now that I can't see straight. Our owner, David Tepper, seems to think that Sam Darnold is still the answer at quarterback, he's talking about he wants us to be patient and that Rome wasn't built in a day, that's what he said.

"I just want to say one thing. I do think we have a very good quarterback in Sam Darnold, just as an aside," Tepper said Wednesday when asked about the team's options to improve the position in the draft or free agency. Tepper requested some understanding and patience as he attempts to lead the Panthers back to contention, telling reporters, "Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is this team."

• Options
    edited April 28, 2022 3:36AM

I don't want David Tepper to be involved in personnel decisions, stay out of my life!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    The draft is here, and I'm so mad right now that I can't see straight. Our owner, David Tepper, seems to think that Sam Darnold is still the answer at quarterback, he's talking about he wants us to be patient and that Rome wasn't built in a day, that's what he said.

"I just want to say one thing. I do think we have a very good quarterback in Sam Darnold, just as an aside," Tepper said Wednesday when asked about the team's options to improve the position in the draft or free agency. Tepper requested some understanding and patience as he attempts to lead the Panthers back to contention, telling reporters, "Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is this team."

Don't worry. He's probably just trying to throw a smokescreen. 🙃

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Don't worry. He's probably just trying to throw a smokescreen. 🙃

• Options

Panthers will draft or trade for a QB. The Carolina Panthers trade all 7 draft choice for Johnny Manziel, errr Baker Mayfield

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

We drafted an offensive lineman, big dude, I like his size, of course it isn't going to do any good without a decent quarterback!

• Options

I can't believe the Steelers drafted Kenny Pickett, he played for Pitt in college and now he gets to stay in Pittsburgh.

• Options

Patriots use a 1st rounder for a guard rated 91. Pretty strange

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

You must love this @2dueces 😂 . We deserve it. Rub it in

• Options

@2dueces said:

Ha! Buffalo drafted a CB to stop the Chiefs passing attack but it looks like they're ;13 seconds too late. B)

• Options

The Jets appeared to have a great night after landing a guy at 26 who was projected as high as #4 on top of their other two picks made but they're still the Jets so we'll see how that goes. I'm gonna have to learn what the hell a Sauce Gardner is by the time the season starts.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    We drafted an offensive lineman, big dude, I like his size, of course it isn't going to do any good without a decent quarterback!

I have shirts like that.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:

@doubledragon said:

I have shirts like that.

Yes, but do you own a bad sign T-shirt? I think not!

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lions got a real talent in DE Hutchinson

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@JWP said:
    Lions got a real talent in DE Hutchinson

I don't know much about him. Wasn't following this year's college and pre-draft too much. Are Detroit fans happy?

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really believe they are. He is a tremendous talent and is a real beast. The lions did go :) d IMO.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

You must love this @2dueces 😂 . We deserve it. Rub it in

Guy may turn out to be a 10 time All Pro. I just thought it was pretty early for him. I guess Bill doesn’t live by the best player available theory.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

Ha! Buffalo drafted a CB to stop the Chiefs passing attack but it looks like they're ;13 seconds too late. B)

Yeah they got wore out from scoring touchdowns on the Patriots. A little more conditioning and they would have put up 54

W.C.Fields
  • Options

So, the Panthers selected Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral to be our quarterback? I was reading up on him, he's 6'1", and our head coach Matt Rhule said "he's got the quickest release for a quarterback that we've seen in some time." I'm not sure how I feel about this.

• Options

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    So, the Panthers selected Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral to be our quarterback? I was reading up on him, he's 6'1", and our head coach Matt Rhule said "he's got the quickest release for a quarterback that we've seen in some time." I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Is he projected to start for you guys right away?

• Options

@doubledragon looks like he needs to pull his knee pads down and possibly wear more eye black. what else do you know about him?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon looks like he needs to pull his knee pads down and possibly wear more eye black. what else do you know about him?

I'm not sure what Matt Rhule is going to do, if he's going to start him or not. He was pretty decent in college, and he can run with the ball pretty good. He looks pretty small to me, to be honest, I don't think he's the answer at quarterback for us, time will tell but I'm not too confident about our chances.

• Options

Of course, some people seem to think Matt Corral should have been a 1st round pick, and that he will turn out to be the best quarterback in the draft, a steal for the Panthers. Here was a comment on Twitter about him:

Matt Corral was my favorite QB

So many RPOs. Super quick eyes and release.

Very few 3-7 step drops. Like 88 passes in total. Concerning. But when allowed to be aggressive, he was very intriguing.

Tough athlete, even near the goal line.

• Options
    edited April 30, 2022 6:43AM

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

Yeah they got wore out from scoring touchdowns on the Patriots. A little more conditioning and they would have put up 54

gReAtEsT jUgGErNaUt In HiStOrY tO nOt MaKe It OuT oF tHe DiViSiOnAl RoUnD!

A little more conditioning and they might have been able to play a full 60mins instead of 59:47 against KC. ;)

• Options

Hmm, I was thinking, out drafting Matt Corral is going to make Sam Darnold extremely jealous and mad, only one man can be our quarterback, so this needs to be settled, like men, on pay-per-view!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Hmm, I was thinking, out drafting Matt Corral is going to make Sam Darnold extremely jealous and mad, only one man can be our quarterback, so this needs to be settled, like men, on pay-per-view!

You're looking at this all wrong, with a name like Corral you need to think outside of the box. ;)

• Options
    edited April 30, 2022 10:24AM

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

A little more conditioning and they might have been able to play a full 60mins instead of 59:47 against KC. ;)

Still tired from whipping the Patriots. They’ll save enough next to win the Super Bowl while Bill selects more mediocre guards. Maybe the Patriots will have the #1 overall next year and draft a punter.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

Still tired from whipping the Patriots. They’ll save enough next to win the Super Bowl while Bill selects more mediocre guards. Maybe the Patriots will have the #1 overall next year and draft a punter.

Ha joke's on you, Bill would take that #1 pick and keep trading back until he could draft an entire special teams unit in picks.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

You're looking at this all wrong, with a name like Corral you need to think outside of the box. ;)

Yes, I like the sound of that, and the winner will face Cam Newton in a drowned underwater match, in an ocean of Cam's choosing!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Yes, I like the sound of that, and the winner will face Cam Newton in a drowned underwater match, in an ocean of Cam's choosing!

If Cam is involved then you gotta up the ante. >:)

On a sidenote, what moron came up with the idea of an underwater Hotel room LOL?

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/shark-tank-airbnb-bedroom-lets-sleep-fishes-literally/story?id=38008323

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

If Cam is involved then you gotta up the ante. >:)

On a sidenote, what moron came up with the idea of an underwater Hotel room LOL?

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/shark-tank-airbnb-bedroom-lets-sleep-fishes-literally/story?id=38008323

Holy crap, that is insane, I've never seen an underwater hotel before. I wouldn't sleep a wink with those sharks circling around! The same idiot probably invented the ice hotels.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder where this thread would have gone if the correct interpretation of corral had been
    used. I'm guessing O.K. corral, pic of Wyatt Earp, cat meme, Cam Newton dressed in girl clothes, Ice hotel.
    So pretty much the same destination. All roads lead to the Ice hotel. :*

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

For you rams fans...........but to tell you the truth, I don't remember his name ever being mentioned during a Browns game last season.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

A heck of a thread old chap, a heck of a thread. I offer this gift to show my appreciation!

• Options

Let's top this bizarre, yet entertaining, thread off with a cherry on top, enjoy this video, and god bless!

• Options

Oh, the Atlanta Falcons drafted Desmond Ridder to be their new quarterback and he sounds quite determined.