Home Precious Metals
Options

First Spouse .9999 half ounce gold coins

GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a lot of these gold spouses at Great Collections that have bids that are below the gold price, even with fees.

Several are even some of the lower population coins for the few who do collect them. These might be worth a good look as physical gold has been getting a slight premium lately.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

spouses have always been one of the cheapest ways to buy quality gold especially in 69 grades.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

A CU member scored a HEAVY 14K gold 1930s agricultural medal last week on GC for like 33% under spot after fees...

People are fickle with what gold they purchase, with lower karat, most $5 moderns, and especially the first spouse Gold coins having less appeal to collectors.

This presents an opportunity for the "Stacker" to get some low mintage stuff with the added bonus of the authentication of the slab.

Good luck all...

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting gold below spot right now is rare. I was in a shop that buys gold last week, and I asked him what he was offering for proof Gold Eagles. He puttered around on his computer and said $1800.... I said thanks and moved on. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold buffalos are another value package

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar