Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS reholder question

Hello. Has anyone submitted for reholder only lately? I have never done it and looked at the tier form and am confused. Values 500 to 3k. Wondering current turnaround times. Thanks for your inputs if you have recently done this.

Comments

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2022 4:54PM

OOOPS! I realize you meant regular reholder, There may be some differences sorry. I understood that the service level is reholder and you will keep the current label, there is no grading or restoration, They will only verify the original holder and coin, then crack it out and reholder it, the only add-on was gold shield (oversized holder would cost more if applicable).

For Two Coin Holder;
    Yes, I submitted a few days ago at Baltimore. I first asked here and was given some info https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1072634/from-2012-pcgs-put-two-coins-in-one-holder#latest , PCGS sent me this link:
    https://www.pcgs.com/news/new-from-pcgs-put-two-coins-in-one-holder

Then I submitted this (sorry for the pic quality):

Service Level is REHOLDER.

Other: is "Two Coin Holder"

Indicate clear instructions which coin in position 1 holder 1, which position 2 holder 1, etc. (OBV or REV to front). for each holder.
    Be sure to input "For Encapulated Coins Only" info for each holder submitted.

Cost is $13.00 each coin/$18.00 each if gold shield.

It was easy. My values were less that $250.00 each.

Of Course Customer Service is best: 800- 447-8848 Pacific Time

(l8-)>>

• CoinHunter4CoinHunter4 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, I wasn't even aware that it was possible to have any two coins put in a two coin holder--thanks for the information @edgar!

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dollarfan said:
    Hello. Has anyone submitted for reholder only lately? I have never done it and looked at the tier form and am confused. Values 500 to 3k. Wondering current turnaround times. Thanks for your inputs if you have recently done this.

As @edgar pointed out, for a reholder:
    "Cost is $13.00 each coin/$18.00 each if gold shield."

For your coins valued at, or below, $2,500, "Gold Shield" is optional.
    For your coins valued over $2,500, "Gold Shield" is required.
    Reference

There is only one "Service Group" per submission form (i.e., "Standard", or "Gold Shield").
    Reference (U.S. Coins)
    So, if you do not want "Gold Shield" for ALL of your reholder coins, you will need to use separate submission forms.
    Namely, one "Service Group" = "Standard" for the non-GS coins at $13 each, and "Service Group" = "Gold Shield" for the GS coins at $18 each.

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHunter4 said:
    Wow, I wasn't even aware that it was possible to have any two coins put in a two coin holder--thanks for the information @edgar!

I submitted my American Eagle 2021 One-Tenth Ounce Gold Two-Coin Set Designer Edition for onsite grading at the Baltimore show this past Friday and they did not have double coin holder service there, :(
    Got them graded individually since I did not want to mail it out and hopefully will get this service some day with the two PF-70 (both type 1 as well as type 2) united and reholdered in same slab.

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have done reholders with variety attribution. Grade stays same and variety added if it is that variety.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@vulcanize said:

@CoinHunter4 said:

I submitted my American Eagle 2021 One-Tenth Ounce Gold Two-Coin Set Designer Edition for onsite grading at the Baltimore show this past Friday and they did not have double coin holder service there, :(
    Got them graded individually since I did not want to mail it out and hopefully will get this service some day with the two PF-70 (both type 1 as well as type 2) united and reholdered in same slab.

You could have submitted them (last Friday) and requested to pick them up in Baltimore in June (to eliminate shipping risk).

(l8-)>>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file