Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

From 2012 Pcgs-Put-Two-Coins-In-One-Holder

edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.pcgs.com/News/New-From-Pcgs-Put-Two-Coins-In-One-Holder

Is anyone here familiar with two coin holder "reholder" submissions? I understand there is a reholder fee for each coin. Is there an oversized holder fee as well?

After the "Designer Edition" mint offering, did anyone experience any issues with two-coin holder submissions?

Thanks

(l8-)>>

Comments

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have submitted coins for the dual coin holder and I paid the oversized holder fee for them. If you send it in and don’t, you will get an email asking you to call, they will tell you how much more is required.

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as the two coin holder for the designer set, since mine came with a serialized COA, I paid an extra $20 for the COA to be slabbed as well. So in this case, an extra $40 for two extra size holders.

• Options

@Herb_T said:
    I have submitted coins for the dual coin holder and I paid the oversized holder fee for them. If you send it in and don’t, you will get an email asking you to call, they will tell you how much more is required.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was trying to find out, I appreciate the response!

(l8-)>>

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar... Be sure to post pictures of your coins/holder when you receive them. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Had a couple of mine done. Did not have any issues other than one being a 69 and one being a 70, and I did not have to pay an oversized holder fee. I would recommend, unless you are ok with it, that you put in the notes field of your submission not to put them in a double coin holder unless they grade the same.

• Options

I will be sending these back and have them reholdered into singles. I'll send a few more in that are the same grade to have reholdered into a two coin holder.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have some modern gold/ bimetallic sets that would look good in the oversized duo coin holder. World coins, though.

• Options

@larry_ellison said:
    I will be sending these back and have them reholdered into singles. I'll send a few more in that are the same grade to have reholdered into a two coin holder.

Your holders turned out well. I submitted several for 2 coin sets, but I first submitted regular, then sent them for reholder, a little more expensive, but it prevented the 69/70 combo that you experienced, I was able to acquire the 70 that I needed and they will go next submission.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:

Your holders turned out well. I submitted several for 2 coin sets, but I first submitted regular, then sent them for reholder, a little more expensive, but it prevented the 69/70 combo that you experienced, I was able to acquire the 70 that I needed and they will go next submission.

I am aware of a recent submission that involved a two-coin holder. Like @larry_ellison reported above, it did not require an "oversized holder" fee of $20.00.

I suggest printing the article the OP. Highlight the bullet point that states: "no additional special holder fee applies". Then include the article with your submission.

• Options

I submitted several for 2 coin sets, but I first submitted regular, then sent them for reholder, a little more expensive, but it prevented the 69/70 combo that you experienced, I was able to acquire the 70 that I needed and they will go next submission.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    edited April 9, 2022 3:59PM

As I understant the information so far, Their 2 coin holders can only accommodate 2 single regular holder sized coins. don't think they have a two coin holder that'll accommodate larger, deeper coins. That's definately a call to customer service BEFORE you send submission.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

1st time and paid the $20 fee. Its ok but storing these is a bit of a challenge.

• Options
    edited April 9, 2022 11:13AM

@younique said:
    1st time and paid the $20 fee. Its ok but storing these is a bit of a challenge.

Nice coins.

If you don't mind me asking, did:
    ~ you add the $20 oversized holder fee to your submission, because you thought it was required;
    ~ or, did PCGS 'flag' your order, because it did not include the fee, and then ask you for an additional $20?

Edited for clarity.

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Took Goldminers advice when submitting, sent additional $20 holder fee requesting dual holder only if coins graded the same.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put together this 2021 set of six dual-coin holders: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQg1EzLGY2jKW84m0QuFvQgwoudu4voItvgnJZkyHCVCOlFkUmGGpZ1p_2L6j1cyRI4hBnuJJ5RbGUE/pub

1) I was charged $20 'big holder' fee on two submissions (in error, I believe), and $0 on the other four.
    2) I was not charged a reholder fee for the 21D Morgan or the 21 Peace (both were already in single-coin PCGS holders)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2022 4:36PM

I submitted several at the Baltimore show. I paid $18.00 each coin ( $13.00 reholder fee and $5.00 gold shield fee) I give specific instructions for 2 coin holder (what coin where). The only other fee was $10.00 handling and shipping/insurance. I submitted 14 coins requesting 7 holders. My submission was all silver eagles. There were no over sized holder fees. If you are submitting raw coins for grading, you can request 2 coin holders and there is no reholder fee.

(l8-)>>

• Options

@younique said:
    Took Goldminers advice when submitting, sent additional $20 holder fee requesting dual holder only if coins graded the same.

Thanks for the info. :)

• Options

. > @ricko said:

@edgar... Be sure to post pictures of your coins/holder when you receive them. Cheers, RickO

Thanks all for the info and guidance.

They're here, nice job slabbing, but poor job packing (a couple had stacking feet chipped off).

(l8-)>>

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2022 3:45PM

@younique said:

i think a person could take 2 pcgs boxes, cut the sides off and adhere them together to accommodate these double slabs. doing some measurements may not be a bad idea, to get it right the first time.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love these - never owned one.
    Is there a way to submit and ask only to pair if they achieve the same grade? Whether 69 or 70 it would be best when they grade the same - just my preference.

• Options

@Che_Grapes said:
    I love these - never owned one.
    Is there a way to submit and ask only to pair if they achieve the same grade? Whether 69 or 70 it would be best when they grade the same - just my preference.

As I understand it you coukd but you would have to be very explicit with written instructions. I decided to submit first then later resubmit for reholder ( I didn't want to risk my poorly worded instructions. I believe reholder for these was $13 each coin plus $5 gold shield each coin. If you ask for 2 coin holder at first submission, I don't think there is any additional cost (vs 2 seperate coins submitted). but it's best to check first to be sure.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar .... Thank you... Those are marvelous. Very, very nice. You can be very proud of that collection. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @edgar .... Thank you... Those are marvelous. Very, very nice. You can be very proud of that collection. Cheers, RickO

Thanks I am pleased with the results.

(l8-)>>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file