Home Metal Detecting
Options

Yesterdays hunt...

Went out yesterday for a couple hours was able to get a little over a buck in change and two rings. One is 925 silver the other is tungsten which is a first for me and a zoo elongated penny for the zoo by the park

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

a few rings on the hunt is always a good thing, congrats

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    a few rings on the hunt is always a good thing, congrats

I agree and thank you

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice and silver is always good. I think tungsten wedding bands were all the rage in the 90's. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Nice and silver is always good. I think tungsten wedding bands were all the rage in the 90's. Peace Roy

Agreed last year at the same park I think I found 3 silver rings. I know quite a few people that still wear the tungsten rings. I think a lot of it now is they're cheaper than others

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice day out .... Two rings and one silver. Lots of change as well. Never understood why so many rings are found. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Nice day out .... Two rings and one silver. Lots of change as well. Never understood why so many rings are found. Cheers, RickO

I've wondered that myself lol same park last year I found 4 in one day crazy how many are out there

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gene2393 - FYI, the “CTR” on your silver ring stands for “Choose The Right.” It is a ring found in many designs and commonly worn by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Nice find.

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options

@EXOJUNKIE said:
    @gene2393 - FYI, the “CTR” on your silver ring stands for “Choose The Right.” It is a ring found in many designs and commonly worn by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Nice find.

Yes I am aware of the ctr meaning second ctr ring ever for me first silver ctr though