Home Sports Talk
Options

Bruce Arians stepping down as Buccaneers head coach

Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just heard: Wonder why? Said it's a developing story and there are no details yet

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Comments

• Options

"Bruce Arians is stepping down as head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to take a front office position with the team, according to a report.

The move comes less than 14 months after Arians, 69, led the Buccaneers to a victory in Super Bowl LV over the Kansas City Chiefs. Arians said his new role – which starts during draft prep for the team this year – would be "senior consultant for football," NBC Sports reported.

"Bruce Arians is transitioning to the front office as our Senior Football Consultant," the Buccaneers wrote on its official Twitter account. "Todd Bowles has been named head coach."

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2022 6:26PM

Don't mess with Tommy.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady going to do a Pete Rose as player/coach? :D

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2022 8:13PM

@grote15 said:
    Brady going to do a Pete Rose as player/coach?

Tommy runs the offensive show on the Bucs. Call it player/coach or whatever........ He's the boss......

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Brady going to do a Pete Rose as player/coach? :D

Would be okay as long as he bets on his own team to win. :D

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruce Arians was asked by Peter King about the Tom Brady issue, and here was Bruce Arians reply:

Arians knows the questions about timing+Brady coming out of retirement would come.
    We asked him.

"No. No. Tom was very in favor of what I’m doing. I had conflicts with every player I coached because I cussed them all out, including him. Great relationship off the field."

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2022 2:59AM

Wow interesting but I will say good for Arians, Hoodie Belichick should take note

At 70 you should take it easy, Coaching NFL is definitely not a relaxing deal

• Options

Of course, alot of people aren't buying what Bruce Arians is saying, the speculation is that Tom Brady did in fact force Bruce Arians out.

• Options
    edited March 31, 2022 4:24AM

I already miss Bruce Arians, the times we had. Heck, I still remember when Bruce went over to Tom on the bench and told him something, and Tom had a hilarious reaction. This is a sad day, how do I go on?

• Options

And what about all of these Bruce Arians Bucs logo t-shirts, they're useless now!

• Options

Does this mean AB is coming back to Tampa? B)

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Does this mean AB is coming back to Tampa? B)

I'm not sure we want him back, he tends to leave work early these days.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aliens is getting old. He was barely able to stand at the end of the season because of an Achilles injury. I do know how many fans knew that.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?