Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

For quarter roll hunters

How many Ws do you get per box nowadays? I've been getting 1-2 for most of them.

Best Answers

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one in the last box I got.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

To clarify, if you are lucky enough to find a sealed box of 2019 or 2020 new coin rolls then you can find from zero to over 50 W quarters in a box of 40 rolls.

If you get a sealed box of old coin rolls (mixed years) then the average is 1 per box.

Answers

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2022 2:38PM

I have been able to find just one in about every 150 to 200 rolls. It's getting very hard to find one, but just when I'm about to give up and stop searching 1 pops out of the Roll. I didn't find any the first 2 years, but I have found 25 since February of last year. I think part of that is just that the bank lobbies were closed due to the pandemic and nothing else. Trying to find boxes of quarters in my area is tough, as most banks won't even consider ordering a box for a customer. Good luck in hunting for the hard to find West Point Quarters.
    B)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

One per box on average.
    For me, anyway.
    :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@JWP The boxes I've been finding 1-2 in have been boxes that seem to be older. The ones in my area have mostly 2021s with 3-4 2022s at most and the rest are 2020 and before.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NordlandSalmon landsalmon The last 3 boxes I have gone thru and all mixed years and much harder to find the west point quarters in. I have not gotten a box of just 2019 or 2020 quarters yet. I don't think I will either in this area. Oh well, it is what it is. :D

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    To clarify, if you are lucky enough to find a sealed box of 2019 or 2020 new coin rolls then you can find from zero to over 50 W quarters in a box of 40 rolls.

If you get a sealed box of old coin rolls (mixed years) then the average is 1 per box.

"you can find from zero to over 50 W quarters in a box of 40 50 rolls."

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2022 5:10PM

@joeykoins said:
    One per box on average.
    For me, anyway.
    :)

Lol.
    One he. after posting this, I just found one in only my 2nd roll!
    Maybe, I'm looking to break that average of one per?
    :D

#111 W

2020 W Samoa V75

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭

My question is when you wrap them back up and give to the bank. Are they OK with taking rolls back?

• Options

@NorCalJack said:
    My question is when you wrap them back up and give to the bank. Are they OK with taking rolls back?

Depends on your bank. Some do and some don't but most do especially if you are doing an even exchange....box for a box or rolls for rolls

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever found a W quarter in a roll of S quarters?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalJack said:

Not a good idea to return them to the same bank, simply go to a different branch.

• Options

@ricko said:
    Has anyone ever found a W quarter in a roll of S quarters?? Cheers, RickO

No. The W quarters were released directly to the Federal Reserve branches mixed in with bulk bags of quarters destined for circulation.

The rolls of S quarters are bought directly from the Mint. No W quarters were sold by the Mint.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie ... Thanks, that is what I understood before.... Was just curious if the 'impossible' happened... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering they only minted 2M each, are the W Quarters key dates?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    Considering they only minted 2M each, are the W Quarters key dates?

I wouldn’t consider them key dates. Better dates at best.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Kliao !

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file